The Synopsys DesignWare® DDR4/3 PHY is a complete physical layer IP interface (PHY) solution for enterprise-class ASIC, ASSP, and system-on-chip (SoC) applications requiring high-performance DDR4/DDR3/DDR3L SDRAM interfaces operating at up to 3200 Mbps. The DesignWare DDR4/3 PHY is ideal for systems that require high-speed DDR3/4 performance requiring high capacity memory solutions, typically using registered and load reduced memory modules (RDIMMs and LRDIMMs) with up to 16 ranks. Direct SDRAM on PCB systems are also supported.
Optimized for high performance, low latency, low area, low power, and ease of integration, the DesignWare DDR4/3 PHY is provided as a hard DDR PHY that is primarily delivered as GDSII including integrated application-specific DDR4/3 I/Os. Supporting the GDSII-based PHY is the RTL-based PHY Utility Block (PUB) that includes PHY control features such as read/write leveling, data eye training, per-bit data deskew control, PVT compensation, and support for production testing of the DDR4/3 PHY. The PUB also includes an embedded calibration processor to execute
hardware-assisted, firmware-based training algorithms. The DDR4/3 PHY includes a DFI 4.0 interface to the memory controller and can be combined with Synopsys’ Enhanced Universal Memory (uMCTL2) or Protocol (uPCTL2) controllers for a complete DDR interface solution.
DesignWare DDR Complete Solution Datasheet
DesignWare DDR4/3 PHY IP Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Supports JEDEC standard DDR4, DDR3, and DDR3L SDRAMs
- High-performance DDR PHY supporting data rates up to 3200 Mbps
- Compatible with JEDEC compliant DDR3/4 UDIMMs and RDIMMs as well as DDR4 LRDIMMs
- Supports up to 16 logical ranks for high capacity memory requirements
- PHY independent, firmware-based training using an embedded calibration processor
- Supports up to 4 trained states/frequencies with <5us switching time
- I/O receiver decision feedback equalization and driver feed-forward equalization
- VT compensated delay lines for DQS centering, read/write leveling, and per bit deskew
- DFI 4.0-compliant controller interface
- Designed for rapid integration with Synopsys memory or protocol controllers for a complete DDR interface solution