The DesignWare® ARC® Audio Dolby® Digital Encoder is a high-performance encoder for Dolby Digital stereo audio streams. This encoder is also referred to as Dolby Digital Stereo Creator. Dolby Digital is an audio coding technology from Dolby Laboratories used in home theater, digital still cameras, recorders, Blu-ray Disc™ and digital TV applications.
The DesignWare ARC Audio Dolby Digital Encoder is a high-quality audio encoder offering a Dolby Digital compliant stereo audio stream. Fine-tuned for small code and data size as well as low processor load, the ARC Audio encoder for Dolby Digital has been thoroughly tested and certified by Dolby Laboratories.
DesignWare ARC Audio Dolby Digital Encoder Datasheet
- Dolby Digital compliant mono and 2.0 channel encoding
- Sampling rate of 48 kHz
- Bitrates: 64, 96, 128, 192, 256, 384 kbps
- Bit resolution: 16/24/32-bit input PCM audio
- Dynamic range compression
- Cycle redundancy check
- Robust against memory latency