The ASIL B, C, or D Ready DesignWare EV7xFS Embedded Vision Processors enable automotive system-on-chip (SoC) designers to accelerate Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and autonomous vehicle application development and ISO 26262 certification for systems using vision processing, artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning. To provide greater flexibility to automotive design teams and address evolving requirements, the EV7xFS offers an Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) Ready “hybrid” option that enables users to select required safety levels up to ASIL D post-silicon, in software.
The EV7xFS processors include state-of-the-art hardware safety features including diagnostic error injection, windowed watchdog timers, error classification, and software diagnostic tests as well as safety monitors and lockstep capabilities for safety-critical modules.
Comprehensive safety documentation, including safety manuals, FMEDA and DFMEA reports accelerate SoC-level functional safety assessments. These features enable designers to achieve high levels of fault coverage as required for ASIL certifications without a significant effect on performance, power or area compared to the non-ASIL Ready EV7x processor.
The DesignWare EV7xFS Embedded Vision Processors are fully programmable and combine the flexibility of software solutions with the high performance and low power consumption of dedicated hardware. The EV7xFS family integrates up to four high-performance 32-bit scalar cores and 512-bit vector DSPs, and an optimized deep neural network (DNN) acceleration engine for fast and accurate object detection, classification and scene segmentation.
The EV7xFS processors are supported by the ASIL D Ready ARC MetaWare EV Development Toolkit for Safety to help simplify the development of ISO 26262-compliant software.
DesignWare ARC EV7xFS Embedded Vision Processor IP Block Diagram
DesignWare ARC EV7x Embedded Vision Processor IP
DesignWare ARC EV7xFS Vision Processor Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Adds hardware safety features to EV7x vision processor with minimal area and power impact
- Integrates 32-bit scalar core, 512-bit vector DSP, and optional DNN accelerator to deliver up to 35 TOPS performance
- IEEE 754-compliant vector floating point unit option offers single precision or half precision operations and advanced math functions
- Supports ISO 26262 automotive safety standard
- Supports ASIL B, C, D or Hybrid mode up to ASIL D
- Software test libraries complement integrated hardware safety features to achieve ASIL B compliance
- Supported by MetaWare EV Development Toolkit for Safety with ASIL D Ready compiler and graph mapping tool
- Extensive safety documentation eases certification process
|ARC EV71FS safety processor for vision applications with a single vector processing unit, ASIL B/C/D||STARs
|ARC EV72FS safety processor for vision applications with two vector processing units, ASIL B/C/D||STARs
|ARC EV74FS safety processor for vision applications with four vector processing units, ASIL B/C/D||STARs
|1760 MAC DNN Option for EV Vision Processor IP||STARs
|3520 MAC DNN Option for EV Vision Processor IP||STARs
|DNN 7040 MAC Option||STARs
|880 MAC DNN Option for EV Vision Processor IP||STARs