SEARAN LLC is a privately held company based in Boston, Massachusetts. SEARAN was founded in 2011 and provides Bluetooth® software connectivity for consumer, medical and industrial applications. Our highly efficient Bluetooth stack, dotstack™, enables new classes of low cost and low power devices. Our customers are silicon IP providers, manufacturers of Bluetooth controllers, microcontrollers and microprocessors, design houses, end product manufacturers and labs.
Our ultra-small Bluetooth stack, dotstack, was designed for low cost and low power embedded devices. Bluetooth SIG compliant and well tested, dotstack has the smallest footprint, is easy to port and already runs on most popular platforms and operating systems.
- Written in ANSI C for easy portability
- Uses well defined protocols and profile application interface
- Supports Bluetooth specification version 2.1+EDR, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 5.0 to be released soon
- Dual mode BR/EDR + BLE(GATT) or a single mode BLE(GATT)
Protocols and Profiles
- L2CAP, RFCOMM, MCAP, SDP, HCI, AVDTP
- SPP, HID, GAP, Secure Simple Pairing, Headset, HFP, OBEX, HDP, FTP, PBAP, A2DP, AVRCP, BLE (GATT), Heart Rate Profile
As low as 3.0KB RAM and 54KB Flash for SPP+BLE with FreeRTOS and a sample application
- < 1 MIPS
- UART, SPI or USB to interface an embedded controller
- RTOS or proprietary embedded software
- Tested with Microsoft®, Toshiba, Broadcom, MAC OS X, BlueZ and other stacks
- Supports any standard HCI controller or module from CSR, Intel, Texas Instruments, Broadcom, Marvell, Panasonic, others
ARC-specific Support Details
dotstack is available in support of Synopsys DesignWare® ARC® 600,EM4 and EM5 processor family architecture.
Learn more about how SEARAN and Synopsys work together.