Parasoft’s automated software testing supports embedded, safety-and security-critical systems as well as business-critical enterprise software. Parasoft helps you deliver superior quality software for industries where safety comes first, and code must comply with a range of functional standards: ISO 26262 ASIL D, DO-178B/C Level A, IEC 61508, IEC 62304, or EN 50128.
In addition to providing testing capabilities required for compliance, our tools can deliver code metrics, analytic dashboards, and other features of software testing on host or target hardware environments integrated into today’s often complex SDLC including CI/CD workflows. Parasoft’s tool suite also performs static code analysis for standards like MISRA, AUTOSAR, CERT, and CWE.
Parasoft C/C++test - A fully-integrated software testing solution for embedded safety-critical industries.
- Parasoft C/C++test’s unit testing features include multi-metric code coverage analysis, a powerful stubbing and C mocking framework, and automated cross-platform execution.
- Parasoft C/C++test’s code coverage metrics can be used for assessing unit as well as system level testing, supporting all important types of code coverage (function, call, line, statement, block, path, decision, simple condition, and MC/DC) and object/assembly coverage.
- Parasoft C/C++test finds runtime defects, stability issues, and security vulnerabilities, such as memory leaks, null pointers, uninitialized memory, and buffer overflows, by monitoring the runtime when running a host-based or embedded application, or executing unit tests written in C or C++.
- Parasoft C/C++test uses the most comprehensive set of C static code analysis techniques (pattern-based analysis, dataflow analysis, abstract interpretation, metrics, and more), verifying code quality with the largest number of checkers in the industry to provide actionable workflows to help the teams prioritize findings and fix defects in the code.
- Parasoft C/C++test includes dedicated integrations with leading embedded hardware and software development environments, such as ARC and the Metaware compiler family, and many others. These integrations support the execution of tests on target hardware or simulators to increase reliability and fidelity of testing results, which is required for compliance with functional safety integrity levels and standards.
- Imports requirements to enable traceability with leading ALM solutions to satisfy functional standards and verification and validation of software requirements.
- Parasoft C/C++test is certified by TÜV SÜD for use when developing safety-critical systems with higher level of risk, such as ASIL A-D, SIL 1-4, and SL A-C.
- We provide a unique dedicated Qualification Support Tool that automates the process of certification for standards like DO-178B/C and others.
Parasoft DTP – Web-based reporting and analytics solution that aggregates the results across testing practices, providing risk analysis, compliance reports, progress and continuous monitoring of testing outcomes.
- Aggregated visual reporting of the entire project status through dynamic dashboards and widgets that are customizable granular filtering and advanced analytics reporting widgets
- Unit testing details (passed/failed assertions, exceptions with stack traces, info/debug messages)
- Runtime analysis failures (with allocation stack traces)
- Code coverage details (percentage values, code highlights, including coverage-test case correlation)
- Static analysis findings (warnings and coding standard violations)
- Delivers a comprehensive report generation with compliance and traceability reporting.
- Provides a centralized reporting view so developers can access results from automated runs and project managers can quickly assess the health and quality of the project, them make necessary business decisions.
- Offers file and source code access with traces for unit test results, static analysis warnings and coding standard violations
- Associates requirements from external ALM systems to test cases, unit tests, test results, and underlying source code with the corresponding work items.
- Brings together disparate data across all testing practices and apply advanced analytics for more contextual mapping of defects.
ARC-specific Support Details
Parasoft C/C++test supports ARC® processors and associated Metaware compilers for safety compliance though automated software testing, performing static analysis, unit testing and structural code coverage on ARC target environments.
Learn more about how Parasoft and Synopsys work together.