Micrium Software, part of the Silicon Labs portfolio, is a family of RTOS solutions for the Internet of Things. Silicon Labs’ Micrium products feature highly-reliable, full featured RTOS options for developers building microprocessor, microcontroller, and DSP-based devices. µC/OS is the leading commercial RTOS for embedded systems and features a wide array of connectivity options. Micrium Spectrum is a pre-integrated end-to-end portfolio of embedded software, protocol stacks and cloud services to facilitate development of the IoT from device to the cloud. Micrium’s RTOS kernel and software components are recognized for unparalleled reliability, performance, dependability, impeccable source code and extensive documentation. They are ideally suited to all embedded vertical markets, with solutions certified to meet rigorous safety-critical standards for industries such as medical electronics, avionics and industrial control.
Micrium Software’s µC/OS RTOS is a fully featured real time operating system (RTOS) with complete networking and file system. It features support for TCP/IP, USB, CAN bus, and Modbus and includes a robust file system and graphical user interface. It includes comprehensive documentation, full source code, debugging features that reduce development time, and support for a huge range of CPU architectures. Micrium’s µC/OS offers unprecedented ease-of-use, a small memory footprint, remarkable energy efficiency, and all with a full suite of protocol stacks. Engineers across the world building industrial controls, medical devices, and aerospace systems know that they can rely on µC/OS for the foundation of exceptional products.
- µC/OS-II and µC/OS-III are highly portable, scalable, preemptive, real-time, deterministic, multitasking kernels for microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs.
- TCP/IP protocol stack that features dual IPv4 and IPv6 support, an SSL/TLS socket option, and support for Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and PHY controllers.
- Real-time USB device software designed for embedded systems.
- Real-time USB host software stack for embedded systems equipped with a USB host or OTG controller.
- A CAN protocol framework that enables easy and clean implementation of CAN communication paths.
- Micrium’s Modbus is an industrial communications protocol used for connecting industrial electronic devices.
- A compact, reliable, high-performance and thread-safe embedded file system for microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSPs.
- A flexible graphical user interface for any embedded application that requires a graphical display.
- µC/Probe graphically visualizes the internals of any embedded system effortlessly, with just a few mouse clicks.
ARC-specific Support Details
Micrium Software’s µC/OS RTOS has been ported to Synopsys DesignWare® ARC® EM Processors.
Learn more about how Micrium and Synopsys work together.