Digilent Inc. is a leader in providing academic and research solutions in high end electronics fields. Their vision is to offer innovative, high quality & state of the art educational and research tools at competitive price to inspire tomorrow's engineers.
Digilent has been growing rapidly since its establishment in 2000. Digilent is headquartered in Pullman, Washington and has regional offices in Taiwan, China and Romania. Digilent offers over 180 products including FPGA development kits, microcontroller boards, programming solutions, analog electronics and others. Currently, over 1200 universities, training centers and research laboratories in more than 70 countries use Digilent products and services.
The Virtex-5 XUPV5 Evaluation Platform is based on the Xilinx XUPV5-LX110T, a versatile general purpose development board powered by the Xilinx Virtex®-5 XC5VLX110T FPGA. The FPGA can be programmed with a Synopsys ARC® processor to produce a powerful software development platform.
- Two Xilinx XCF32P Platform Flash PROMs (32 Mbyte each) for storing large device configurations
- Xilinx SystemACE Compact Flash configuration controller
- 64-bit wide 256Mbyte DDR2 small outline DIMM (SODIMM) module compatible with EDK supported IP and software drivers
- On-board 32-bit ZBT synchronous SRAM and Intel P30 StrataFlash
- 10/100/1000 tri-speed Ethernet PHY supporting MII, GMII, RGMII, and SGMII interfaces
- USB host and peripheral controllers
- Programmable system clock generator
- Stereo AC97 codec with line in, line out, headphone, microphone, and SPDIF digital audio jacks
- RS-232 port, 16x2 character LCD, and many other I/O devices and ports
- Includes 1GB Compact Flash card, 256 MB SODIMM module, SATA cable, XUP USB-JTAG Programming Cable & 4A power supply in the kit
JTAG HS1 Programming Cable
The JTAG-HS1 programming cable is a high-speed programming solution for Xilinx FPGAs. It is compatible with all Xilinx tools, including iMPACT, Chipscope, and EDK. The HS1 attaches to target boards using Digilent’s 6-pin, 100-mil spaced programming header, or Xilinx’s 2x7, 2mm connector (using the included adaptor). It is powered from a PC’s USB port. A separate Vdd pin is provided on the HS1 to supply JTAG signal buffers. These high speed, 24mA, three-state buffers allow target boards to use JTAG signal voltages from 1.8V to 5V, with bus speeds of up to 30MBit/sec. The HS1’s Vdd pin must be tied to the same voltage supply that drives the JTAG port on the FPGA.
- Small, complete, all-in-one JTAG programming solution for Xilinx FPGAs
- High-Speed USB2 port can drive JTAG/SPI bus at up to 30Mbit/sec
- Compatible with all Xilinx tools
- Fully supported by the Digilent Adept SDK, allowing custom JTAG/SPI applications to be created
- Separate Vref drives JTAG/SPI signal voltages; Vref can be any voltage between 1.8V and 5V.
- JTAG/SPI frequency settable by user
- SPI programming solution (modes 0 and 2 supported)
- Uses micro-AB USB2 connector
ARC-specific Support Details
The XUPV5 (ML509) boards and JTAG HS1 Programming Cable can be used with all Synopsys ARC processor IP cores.
Learn more about how Digilent and Synopsys work together.