The Synopsys ARC® OPUS codec is designed for interactive speech and audio
transmission over the internet. It is designed by the IETF Codec Working Group and
incorporates technology from Skype’s SILK codec and Xiph.Org’s CELT codec.
The OPUS codec is designed to handle a wide range of interactive audio
applications, including Voice over IP, video conferencing, in-game chat, and even
remote live music performances. It can scale from low bitrate narrowband speech to
very high quality stereo music.
The ARC OPUS codec supports ARC EMxD processors. The CELT portion of the
codec is specifically optimized for ARC EMxD. SILK codec is implemented for ARC
EMxD without target optimization.
Synopsys ARC Audio OPUS Codec
Downloads and Documentation
- Royalty free, IETF Standardized Universal Voice/Audio Codec
- Bitrates of 6..510 kbps
- Sampling rates from 8 kHz (narrowband) to 48 kHz (fullband)
- Frame sizes from 2.5 ms to 60 ms
- Supports both constant bitrate (CBR) and variable bitrate (VBR)
- Supports speech and music
- Supports mono and stereo
- Dynamically adjustable bitrate, audio bandwidth, and frame size
- Good loss robustness and packet loss concealment (PLC)
- Wide audio bandwidth
- Speech and audio codec modes supported