DesignWare® ARC™ Audio Adaptive Multi Rate Wide Band (AMR-WB) software for the DesignWare ARC Sound AS211SFX and AS221BD audio processors consists of a speech system for devices such as tablets, mobile phones and voice over IP (VoIP) applications.
AMR-WB is defined in ITU standard G.722.2 and referred to as wideband coding of speech using Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband.
Compared to AMR-NB (300-3400Hz) AMR-WB has a much wider bandwidth (50-7000Hz) and provides a much better audio quality.
ARC Audio AMR-WB (G.722.2) Encoder/Decoder
- Compliant to the G.722.2 ITU-T standard speech codec
- Compliant to the following 3GPP (GSM) standards
- 3GPP TS 26.173
- 3GPP TS 26.174 (Test Vectors)
- 3GPP TS 26.190 (Speech Codec)
- 3GPP TS 26.194 (Voice Activation Detector)
- Wide Audio Bandwidth: 50-7000Hz
- Bitrates: 6.60, 8.85, 12.65, 14.25, 15.85, 18.25, 19.85, 23.05 and 23.85 kbps (all nine speech codec modes)
- Supports source controlled rate (SCR)
- Sampling rate: 16 KHz with a resolution of 14 bits (in a 16 bit word)
- Voice Activity Detection (VAD)
- Comfort Noise Generation (CNG)
- Packet Loss Concealment support for the decoder
- Supports ITUT, MIME, DEFAULT, and IF2 bit stream formats
- Discontinuous Transmission (DTX)
- Robust against memory latency: 64/16 MHz processor load at 100 cycles latency (encoding/decoding)