DesignWare® ARC® Audio AMR-NB software for the ARC processors consists of a speech system for devices such as mobile phones and voice over IP (VoIP) applications.
Included are a multi-rate encoder and decoder, a source controlled rate-scheme that includes dual voice activity detection and comfort noise generation, as well as an error concealment mechanism to compensate for the effects of transmission errors and lost packets.
DesignWare ARC Audio AMR-NB Encoder/Decoder
- Compliant to the following 3GPP (GSM) standards:
- 3GPP TS 26.071
- 3GPP TS 26.073
- 3GPP TS 26.074
- Bitrates: 4.75, 5.15, 5.9, 6.7, 7.4, 7.95, 10.2, 12.2 kbps (8 speech coding modes)
- Narrowband voice coding: 200-3400 Hz
- Comfort Noise Generation (CNG)
- Voice Activation Detection (VAD1 / VAD2)
- Discontinuous Transmission (DTX)
- Packet Loss Concealment (decoder)
- Supports half rate and full rate channels
- Supports bitrates from 4.75 Kbit/sec to 12.2 Kbit/sec (8 speech coding modes)
- 8 kHz sampling frequency with a resolution of 13 bits (in a 16 bit word)