The DesignWare® Mobile Storage Host Controller IP addresses the growing storage needs of handheld and consumer electronics applications. The silicon-proven IP is a comprehensive solution designed for system-on-chip (SoC) integration and optimized for low power, high performance storage devices. The architecture and coding style of the DesignWare Mobile Storage Host Controller IP is built on power management techniques, making it ideal for low-power applications. Many modules can be optimized to reduce gate count and power consumption. Moreover, gated flops are used to ensure that only the necessary logic is activated for any given transaction.
A rigorous verification methodology is applied to the DesignWare Mobile Storage Host Controller IP, consisting of directed tests, constrained random verification and FPGA hardware verification. The FPGA development board is tested with all major memory SD cards, SDIO commands and MMC cards. The IP is in volume production and has been successfully implemented in a wide range of applications.
In addition to the DesignWare Mobile Storage Host Controller IP, Synopsys also offers UFS host controllers and MIPI UniPro host and device controller IP solutions for mobile storage. This mobile storage solution, including the DesignWare MIPI M-PHY IP, supports the JEDEC UFS v2.0 interface specification. DesignWare Mobile Storage Host Controller Datasheet
- Supports the SD 4.1 specifications with backwards compatibility for SD3.0 including SDXC, SD 2.00, SDIO1.1, SDIO 2.0; MMC 5.0, MMC 4.5, MMC 4.4, MMC 4.3 and CE-ATA 1.1 specifications
- Supports a Descriptor based DMA with AMBA™ 2.0 AHB interface
- Command completion signal disable for CE-ATA
- Command Completion Signal disable CRC generation and checking in CE-ATA mode
- CE-ATA VMT models
- SD_MMC mode supports 1-bit, 4-bit and 8-bit cards
- Low-power system option with individual clock and power ON/OFF features to each card