Depth and Accuracy of Analysis
- Coverity integrates seamlessly with any build system and generates a high fidelity representation of the source code to ensure a deep understanding of its behavior.
- Coverity provides full path coverage, ensuring that every line of code and every potential execution path are tested. It utilizes multiple patented techniques to ensure deep, accurate analysis.
- Through a deep understanding of the source code and the underlying frameworks, Coverity platform provides highly accurate analysis results so developers do not waste time managing large volume of false positive results. This enables them to effectively build security into the development lifecycle.
Speed and Scale of Analysis
Coverity was built from the ground up to fit into your existing workflow with the following capabilities:
- Parallel analysis allows Coverity to run on up to sixteen cores simultaneously and delivers up to a 10X performance improvement over serial analysis.
- Fast Desktop Analysis enables analysis acceleration by only re-analyzing the code which has changed or been impacted by a change, instead of the entire codebase each time.
- Coverity scales to accommodate thousands of developers in geographically distributed environments and can analyze projects in excess of 100 million lines of code with ease.
Efficient Issue Management and Remediation
- With Coverity Connect, the platform’s collaborative issue management interface, developers gain access to actionable information and precise remediation guidance, showing them the right way to fix the defect and the best place in the code to fix it without requiring deep security domain expertise.
- Coverity Connect provides source code navigation to identify the exact path to the defect and automatically identify every occurrence of the defect across shared code.
- Defects can be automatically assigned to the appropriate developer for resolution, and users can quickly view all outstanding security issues, OWASP Top 10 issues, CWE, and PCI related issues.
Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Integration
- Coverity platform allows rapid integration of critical tools and systems used to support the development process such as source control management, build and continuous integration, bug tracking, integrated development environments (IDE) and application lifecycle management (ALM) solutions.
- Coverity is an open platform that allows developers to import third party analysis results into the workflow to view and manage all types of defects in the same way with a single view of software defects and risks.
Drive Adoption and Mitigate Risk
Coverity Policy Manager enables organizations to define and enforce a consistent standard for code security as well as quality and testing across development teams. It provides visibility into which teams, projects or components are compliant with these standards and can create measurable stage gates based on predefined criteria regarding defects and testing. The customizable views in Coverity Policy Manager allows the selection of development metrics and thresholds that align to specific objectives for embedded, enterprise, and mobile applications.
Extend Vulnerability Detection
Coverity Extend is an easy-to-use Software Development Kit (SDK) that allows developers to detect unique defect types. The SDK is a framework for writing program analyzers, or checkers, which allows them to identify custom or domain specific defects. Customized checkers also help enable compliance with corporate security requirements and industry standards or guidelines.