Tired of waiting for hardware availability to start real software development?
Wondering how to meet deadlines while software content grows and platforms become increasingly complex?
Need to optimize an ARM-Powered design?
As the complexity and the amount of processors continue to increase in many application domains, so does the need to start software development as early as possible. ARM processors are being deployed in a wide range of markets including mobile, consumer, enterprise and automotive. The ever increasing software content and shorter development windows are calling for tools to enable earlier software development. The Virtualizer™ Development Kit (VDK) Family for ARM Processors offers a wide range of models and software tools to span this entire application domain. With support for all existing ARM processors spanning all Cortex families: Cortex™-M, Cortex-R and Cortex-A including support for ARMv8 processors like Cortex-A57, Cortex-A53 and ARMv8 big.LITTLE™ processing and leveraging your existing software debugger, it is easier than ever to accelerate your development schedule.
VDKs are software development kits using virtual prototypes as the embedded target. They enable a broad range of software development use cases to meet the needs of semiconductor companies’ own software developers as well as those at their customers and partners. The VDKs include multicore software debug and analysis tools, reference software stacks and ARMv7/ARMv8 processor-based reference designs to provide an out-of-the-box software development platform. In addition, these designs can be customized with the Virtualizer tool set to represent users’ specific ARMv7/ARMv8 system-on-chips. The VDKs also allow software engineers to efficiently develop software to support individual IP components, such as porting device drivers for DesignWare® Interface IP, as well as to perform full software bring-up for the entire SoC.
See the datasheet for more details.
- The VDK Family for ARM Processors offers the following benefits:
- Software development up to 12 months before board availability
- Out-of-the-box support for Linux, Android and multicore task migration software
- Multicore/multicluster software analysis capabilities to best utilize performance and energy efficiency capabilities
- Plug-n-play integration with software debuggers from ARM, Lauterbach and GNU
- Configurable Cortex processing subsystem, customizable by adding other system components
- Need a software development solution for ARM’s big.LITTLE processing platform?
The VDK Family for ARM Processors contains a VDK for ARMv7 big.LITTLE processing subsystem: ARM Cortex-A15 and Cortex-A7 MPCore processors and will support a VDK for ARMv8 big.LITTLE processing subsystem: ARM Cortex-A57 and Cortex-A53 MPCore processors.
- Easily bring up, debug and validate the multicore task migration software layer interfacing between the big.LITTLE processing cluster and with the operating system
- Investigate Linux, Android and big.LITTLE power management using record and replay of real world scenarios
- Enhance existing debuggers with higher visibility and control utilizing the VDK's multicore-aware debug and analysis capabilities
- Optimize code based on realistic end user experience
- Minimize software/hardware integration issues
- Rely on the most comprehensive portfolio of interface and peripheral models as well as multicore-aware software development tools
- Accelerate Software Bring-up for Synopsys DesignWare Interface IP
The VDK Family for ARM Processors contains models for the most popular DesignWare Interface IP. By leveraging existing reference virtual prototypes and the convenience of adding specific DesignWare models with Synopsys Virtualizer and CoStart for VDK solutions, software developers can quickly start bring-up of peripheral IP specific software like device drivers.
- Out-of-the-box support for reference OSes, drivers and middleware
- Reference virtual prototypes to build DesignWare Interface IP specific VDKs including out of-the-box support for USB 3.0, USB 2.0, Ethernet GMAC, mobile storage and I2C
- Enhance existing debuggers with higher visibility and control throughout the entire system
- Non-intrusive debugging and fully scriptable environment enable easier reproduction of issues and creation of regression tests
- Optimize or re-target legacy and new driver code for the ARMv8 64-bit architecture
Learn more about VDKs and DesignWare IP: Fast Track DesignWare IP Software Prototyping
VDK Family for ARM® Processors