Modeling in Saber
Highly successful product design requires exceptional quality, reliability, and performance. The design process must be effective to ensure these qualities and to reduce the design cycle and costs. Getting to market early, and avoiding product defects later are critical factors for maximizing revenue over the product life cycle.
Engineering teams achieve these goals by applying systematic modeling, design, simulation, and analysis methods made possible by an integrated flow of proven tools and capabilities.
Model Language Standards and Encryption: VHDL-AMS and MAST
Applying an effective simulation and analysis strategy requires a modeling language that provides flexibility and depth in describing the physical and behavioral attributes of the real-world components and systems they describe.
Modeling language standards MAST and VHDL-AMS provide for comprehensive simulation and portability to other design teams or companies in the development cycle. The ability to encrypt these models is crucial for protecting intellectual property.
Analog/Mixed-Signal, Multi-Level, and Multi-Domain Models
Early identification of design problems can save an enormous amount of effort in the design cycle and often eliminates the sources of late-cycle or post-production failures. Accomplishing this objective requires accurate and complete modeling of the components that comprise the system.
Comprehensive simulation requires the flexibility to model a wide range of component types at various levels of abstraction. Model domains include electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, control, magnetic, thermal, optical, and more.
Simulating at various stages in the design cycle requires models of differing levels of abstraction, from high-level architectural models to detailed behavioral models that mimic the physical attributes of the actual device. These detailed models form the backbone of an accurate virtual prototype.
Efficiency is paramount to design project success. Access to existing, proven models is one of the most valuable advantages to a design team applying system simulation.
Saber users have access to 30,000+ characterized models and model templates for mechatronic, semiconductor, power electronics, in-vehicle networks, and a wide range of component types.
- Modeling Tools
- Easy to use graphical model creation tools allow for fast turn-around even for those with no experience with modeling languages. Saber modeling tool categories include:
- Model Creation (e.g., Table Lookup, State Machine)
- Model Characterization (e.g., Power MOSFET tool)
- Model Conversion (i.e., Spice to Saber converter)
IEEE 1076.1 (VHDL-AMS) Working Group
MAST Modeling Datasheet
- Saber Advantages
- Increase design portability through model language standards VHDL-AMS & MAST
- Protect intellectual property with model encryption
- Apply full system simulation with mixed-signal, multi-level, and multi-domain model support
- Save time and ensure accuracy by accessing over 30,000 characterized models
- Create new models quickly and accurately with model characterization tools and utilities
- Advance a Robust Design methodology with advanced analysis capabilities
- Perform extremely compute intensive statistical analysis faster with grid computing