July 24, 2013 / 9:30AM - 1:00PM
Bldg. D, Classroom 10
700 East Middlefield Rd,
Mountain View, CA 940430
If you’re an ASIC prototyping specialist or engineering manager responsible for hardware/software integration and validation, have you hit any of these problems recently during your prototyping project?
- Timing closure and I/O congestion problems limit the execution speed of the prototype.
- Every “RTL drop” from the design team (gated clocks, memory conversion, etc.) disrupts the prototype plan.
- Limited visibility, slow turnaround time, no correlation with RTL makes debug of live hardware too time-consuming.
- Designs are overflowing capacity of the FPGAs on our systems and planning a design across multiple devices is a chore.
Join Synopsys for a half-day seminar including a networking lunch and learn about the state-of-the art in FPGA-based prototyping based on high-capacity, high-performance Xilinx® Virtex-7 FPGAs. Learn how the latest multi-FPGA implementation software and new multi-FPGA debugging capabilities help to bring-up designs faster and accelerate availability for software development tasks. Understand new pin-sharing via high-speed multiplexing that improves interconnection performance up to 3 times. Understand how the combination of Synopsys design automation software, FPGA prototyping hardware and DesignWare IP help you to conquer prototyping needs up to 144M ASIC gates from small design IPs to multi-processor driven SoCs with numerous real world interfaces.
|9:30 – 9:35||Plenary Session and Welcoming|
|9:35 – 10:00||HAPS-70 modular & scalable hardware solution|
|10:00 – 10:30||Higher Performance with HSTDM|
Enhanced Multi FPGA Debugging
Demo: Deep Trace Debug
|10:30 – 10:45||Coffee Break|
|10:45 – 11:30||IP integration, Tools & Helpers|
Demo bring-up utilities
Demo JPEG video application
|11:30 – 11:45||Extending ROI|
|11:45 – 12:00||Close & Q&A|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch – including networking session|
Increase the productivity of ASIC prototyping:
- The new scalable HAPS-70 solution – from IP to SoC validation
- Higher prototyping performance through High Speed Time Domain Multiplexing (HSTDM)
- Enhanced FPGA debug – Synopsys Verdi/Siloti/Identify integration, multi-FPGA debug, and high-capacity sample storage
- Reducing the IP risk – Synopsys DesignWare IP validated on HAPS
- Tools and helpers – shorten the ASIC-prototype bring-up time to expedite distribution to your software organization
- Extending the ROI of FPGA-based prototypes
This seminar will contain live demos of:
- Rapid bring-up self-checks with HAPS-aware bring-up utilities
- JPEG video core validation via workstation-to-HAPS connectivity
- High-capacity debug sample storage using HAPS Deep Trace Debug
Who should attend this seminar?
- ASIC prototyping and emulation specialists
- SoC hardware engineers
- Driver/firmware/software specialists
- R&D and program managers