Figure 3. (a) Equalized eye at the receiver demonstrating compensation of eye closure. (b) Analytical BER estimate in comparison to ideal reference curve.
1. R. Kruglov, S. Loquai, C.-A. Bunge, M. Schueppert, J. Vinogradov, and O. Ziemann, “Comparison of PAM and CAP modulation schemes for data transmission over SI-POF,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 25, no. 23, pp. 2293-2296, December 1, 2013.
2. F. Breyer, S. C. Jeffrey Lee, S. Randel, and N. Hanik, “Comparison of OOK- and PAM-4 modulation for 10 Gbit/s transmission over up to 300 m polymer optical fiber,” OFC/NFOEC 2008, paper OWB5, 2008.
3. R. Kruglov, J. Vinogradov, S. Loquai, O. Ziemann, C.-A. Bunge, T. Hager, and U. Strauss, “21.4 Gb/s discrete multitone transmission over 50-m SI-POF employing 6-channel WDM,” OFC 2014, paper Th2A.2, 2014.
4. F. Karinou, C. Prodaniuc, N. Stojanovic, M. Ortsiefer, A. Daly, R. Hohenleitner, B. Kögel, and C. Neumeyr, “Directly PAM-4 modulated 1530-nm VCSEL enabling 56 Gb/s/l data-center interconnects,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 27, no. 17, pp. 1872-1875, September 1, 2015.
5. A. Yekani, M. Chagnon, C. S. Park, M. Poulin, D. V. Plant, and L. A. Rusch, “Experimental comparison of PAM vs. DMT using an O-band silicon photonic modulator at different propagation distances,” 2015 European Conference on Optical Communication, paper Mo.4.5.1, 2015.