We are pleased to announce that version 2020.06 of LucidShape CAA V5 Based is now available. This release introduces the Design Module, with functional geometry (FunGeo) features and a Freeform Design algorithm, as well as the Visualize Module. Additional feature enhancements have been added to the Light Guide Design Module and Base Module.
Key improvements include:
- The new Design Module provides powerful geometry creation capabilities with FunGeo design features such as the MacroFocal Reflector and MacroFocal Lens, Collimator Lens, Poly Curve System Reflector and Lens, Procedural Surface features, Rotational Aspheric Lens, and Ray Deviation Correction feature.
- The new Visualize Module enables you to produce stunning photorealistic renderings with accuracy and reliability for visual analysis and evaluation of appearance and function:
- Material behavior captured accurately to provide physics-based renderings.
- Ability to use the same material or media for both photometric and photorealistic simulation.
- The Base Module provides ease-of-use improvements:
- Support for CATIA Design Tables for simulations allows users to quickly and easily evaluate various configurations. This capability can streamline the creation of multiple designs to incorporate the versions of a product family that share a common design form.
- Usability improvements to the luminance camera simplify the way you set up and adjust camera positions.
- The Light Guide Design Module delivers improved design robustness and manufacturability:
- Create a light guide design with fillets that conform to manufacturing constraints.
- Expanded fillet construction capabilities now support both standard and extruded prisms.
- Achieve optimized light distribution and uniformity.
See the new Visualize Module in action: