DesignWare OTP Gusto NVM IP is the industry’s first and only 4Mb embedded non-volatile memory (NVM). It is built using standard, commercially available CMOS logic process technologies and utilizes an 2T antifuse bitcell with proven security critical for secure code storage applications. Broadening NVM storage capacity beyond just configuration and keys — with Gusto you can now store code, such as firmware, on-chip.
The high-density DesignWare OTP Gusto NVM IP has 4X higher performance than previous solutions, 10X less active power consumption, and 40X less standby power consumption. The measurable system cost benefits reduce overall BOM by replacing serial Flash or serial EEPROM.
Figure 1: DesignWare OTP Gusto NVM IP
DesignWare NVM IP Complete Solution
DesignWare OTP 1T-2T NVM IP
- Small footprint comparable to ROM
- Flexible, field-programmable memory, optimized for factory programming; dual programming mode – external and internal charge pump
- Asymmetric power domain shut down
- Fast programming time
- Read bus width x32
- Page mode with access time of 20ns
- Low standby and active current
- Built in error correction scheme, SEC-DED
- Security lock bits to prohibit memory content modification
- Comprehensive manufacturing built-in test features