The multi-lane DesignWare® Multi-Protocol 32G PHY IP is part of Synopsys’ high-performance multi-rate transceiver portfolio for high-end networking and cloud computing applications. The PHY is small in area and provides a low active and standby power solution that supports multiple electrical standards, including PCI Express (PCIe) 5.0, 1G to 400G Ethernet, Cache Coherent Interconnect for Accelerators (CCIX), Compute Express Link (CXL), SATA, and other industry-standard interconnect protocols Using leading-edge design, analysis, simulation, and measurement techniques, the multi-protocol 32G PHY delivers signal integrity and jitter performance that exceeds the standards’ electrical specifications.
The configurable transmitter and receiver equalizers along with Continuous Calibration and Adaptation (CCA) enable designers to control and optimize signal integrity and performance across voltage and temperature variations. The PHY provides advanced power management features for both standby and active power. The BERT and internal eye monitor provide on-chip testability and visibility into channel performance. The PHY integrates seamlessly with the DesignWare Physical Coding Sublayer (PCS) and Media Access Control (MAC) to reduce design time and to help designers achieve first-pass silicon success.
DesignWare Multi-Protocol 32G PHY IP Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Supports 1.25 to 32 Gbps data-rate
- Supports PCI Express 5.0, 1G to 400G Ethernet, CCIX, CXL, and SATA protocols
- Supports x1 to x16 macro configurations with aggregation and bifurcation
- Spread Spectrum Clock (SSC)
- PCIe Separate Refclk Independent SSC (SRIS) and power management features
- Ethernet Electrical Energy Efficient (EEE)
- Reference clock sharing for aggregated macro configurations
- Continuous time linear equalizer (CTLE), decision feedback equalization (DFE) and feed forward equalization (FFE)
- Embedded bit error rate tester (BERT) and internal eye monitor
- Supports IEEE 1149.6 AC Boundary Scan
|32G PHY, Samsung 10LPP x4, North/South (vertical) poly orientation||STARs
|32G PHY, TSMC N7 x4, North/South (vertical) poly orientation||STARs