Compliant with Bluetooth 5 and Bluetooth mesh, Synopsys’ DesignWare® Bluetooth Low Energy PHY IP offers a highly integrated and ultra-low-power wireless connectivity solution for Internet of Things (IoT) applications such as wearables, smart homes and smart cities. The compact PHY IP operates below one-volt supply to extend battery life and includes an integrated on-chip RF transceiver matching network, single pin-to-antenna interface and voltage regulators to lower bill of materials (BOM) cost, reduce PCB area and simplify system design.
The PHY is connected to the Link Layer through a digital interface containing Tx/Rx data, real time control interface and register program interface. The PHY complies with the single mode Bluetooth low energy specification supporting GFSK modulation, and it supports the IEEE 802.15.4 standard for wireless connectivity over networks such as Zigbee or Thread in the 2.4 GHz band. The PHY IP is thoroughly tested and qualified in accordance with the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) procedures enabling designers to incorporate the IP into energy-efficient IoT SoCs with less risk and accelerated time-to-market.
With the complete DesignWare Bluetooth Low Energy Link Layer and PHY IP solution, years of analog and RF design experience and a broad portfolio of silicon-proven IP shipping in volume, Synopsys provides a robust wireless IP solution ready for integration into advanced SoC designs.
DesignWare Bluetooth Low Energy Link Layer IP Datasheet
DesignWare Bluetooth Low Energy PHY IP Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with Bluetooth 5 and Bluetooth mesh
- Data rate: 1 Mbps and 2 Mbps
- Ultra-low-power/standby modes
- Combo PHY compliant with the IEEE 802.15.4 standard
- Single antenna pin with integrated matching network and antenna switch
- Optional DC-DC converter and integrated LDOs
- Offset cancellation loop
- Frequency hopping capability
- Programmable channel filter bandwidth
- Automatic Frequency Correction (AFC)
- Automatic VCO & Rx filter tuning
- Integrated PLL loop filter
- Fast XTAL wake up time
- Silicon verified and qualified