Compliant with the Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh, and IEEE 802.15.4 standards, Synopsys’ DesignWare® Bluetooth® Low Energy Controller IP delivers secure wireless connectivity for Internet of Things (IoT) applications such as wearables, industrial, smart homes, and smart cities. The controller incorporates advanced data encryption and random number generation for secure wireless connections, allows multiple simultaneous connections in a single instantiation, and enables concurrent connectivity between Bluetooth and other networks such as Thread or Zigbee. It also provides validated interoperability with software stacks through a physical or a virtual Host Controller Interface (HCI).
The IP is delivered as RTL and firmware corresponding to an optimized IP partition to minimize system power dissipation and allow for functionality upgrades through software updates. The firmware runs on an external processor that can either be a dedicated processor or host processor. With the complete DesignWare Bluetooth Low Energy IP solution, years of analog and RF design experience, and a broad portfolio of silicon-proven IP shipping in volume, Synopsys provides a robust wireless IP solution ready for integration into advanced SoC designs.
DesignWare Bluetooth Low Energy Link Layer IP Datasheet
DesignWare Bluetooth Low Energy PHY IP Datasheet
- Compliant with the Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh, and IEEE 802.15.4 standards
- Optimized for power, area and memory footprint
- Integrates Bluetooth 5 Link Layer and IEEE 802.15.4 Media Access Control (MAC)
- Shares resources including memory and combo fabric for area optimization
- Concurrent wireless connectivity between Bluetooth low energy and Thread or Zigbee networks
- All required security functions including advanced data encryption and random number generation
- HCI layer for interoperability with software stacks
- Configurable number of concurrent connections
- Smart hardware and firmware partitioning for optimal power and area
- Direct test mode access
- Includes design and verification environment