The DesignWare® ARC® EM Starter Kit is a low-cost, versatile solution enabling rapid software development, code porting, software debugging, and profiling for the ARC EM Family of processors, including the EM4, EM6, EM5D and EM7D cores.
The ARC EM Starter Kit consists of a hardware platform, including pre-installed FPGA images of different ARC EM processor configurations with peripherals, and a software package. The software package includes the MQX real-time operating system (RTOS) in binary format, peripheral drivers, and application code examples.
The development board is based on a Xilinx Spartan®-6 LX150 FPGA and supports a variety of hardware extensions via six 2x6 connectors supporting a total of 48 user I/O pins (plus power and ground pins) that can be used to connect components such as sensors, actuators, memories, displays, buttons, switches, and communication devices. A Digilent Pmod™ Compatible extension board containing a 4-channel 12-bit A/D converter with an I2C interface and an AC power adapter is included in the package.
DesignWare ARC EM Starter Kit
Evaluate ARC EM Now DesignWare ARC EM Starter Kit
- Rapid software development for ARC EM processor cores
- Ready-to-use out of the box
- Based on Xilinx Spartan-6 LX150
- 128 MByte DDR3
- On-board clock generation
- Six connectors for hardware extensions
- Pre-installed FPGA images with different configurations of DesignWare ARC EM processors
- Flexible selection of UART, SPI, I2C and GPIO peripherals
- JTAG and serial console over USB
- Standard 20-pin JTAG connector also supporting 4-wire JTAG for ARC EM processor
- 2Mbyte for application software available in on-board flash
- SD-Card for additional application software and data storage
- MQX real-time operating system including peripheral drivers
- Application examples
- Supported by the MetaWare Development Toolkit, MetaWare Lite and the ARC GNU Toolchain