The DesignWare® ARC® Audio WMA Decoder for the DesignWare ARC AS211SFX and AS221BD audio processors decodes audio according to the WMA 9 standard of Microsoft.
WMA 9 is a widely used audio compression standard from Microsoft used in applications such as music players, media streaming and broadcast. It supports the use of Digital Rights Management (DRM). WMA 9 provides CD quality audio and is backwards compatible with previous versions of the WMA standard.
The DesignWare ARC Audio WMA 9 Decoder is optimized for high-performance and low memory footprint. Also learn about the DesignWare ARC Sound WMA 10 Pro Decoder, which is backwards compatible with previous versions of the WMA standard.
DesignWare ARC Audio WMA 9 Decoder Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Support for WMA 9.2 and all backward compatible WMA codecs
- Audio channel streams ranging from 1 to 2
- Sample rates ranging from 8 to 48 kHz
- 16/24-bit PCM output
- Bit rates from 5 to 192 kbps
- Error detection and concealment
- Variable bit rate (VBR) support