The DesignWare® ARC® Monkey's Audio Decoder for the DesignWare ARC AS211SFX and AS221BD audio processors is based on the Monkey's Audio standard. Monkey's Audio (also known as APE) is a lossless audio compression standard, aiming at high-quality digital audio applications. To guarantee error-free compression and decompression a Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) is included in the codec.
Applications include media devices such as portable music players, A/V receivers, media boxes, notebooks and PCs.
DesignWare ARC Monkey's Audio (APE) Decoder Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- No restrictions on the sampling frequency
- Supports up to 2 audio channels
- Supports bit-depth of 8, 16 and 24
- Supports MD5 signatures for file integrity checking
- Supports 4 levels of compression: Fast, Normal, High, Extra High
- Robust against memory latency: 37 MHz processor load at 100 cycles latency