DesignWare® ARC® Audio G.726 software for the DesignWare ARC AS211SFX and AS221BD audio processors provides high-quality speech encoding and decoding for mobile and cordless phones, voice recording and Voice over IP (VoIP applications).
The design is bit-compliant with the ITU-T G.726 specification for speech encoding and uses Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation (ADPCM) technology. Implementation is done according to the ITU-T G.721 and G.723 recommendations.
DesignWare ARC Audio G.726 Encoder/Decoder
- Compliant to the following standards:
- ITU-T G.726
- ITU-T G.721 recommendations
- ITU-T G.723 recommendations
- Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation (ADPCM)
- Encoding: 16/24/32/40 kbps bitrates
- Decoding: 16/24/32/40 kbps bitrates
- Input /output: 14 and 16-bit PCM samples
- Sampling rate: 8 kHz
- Supports little endian
- Full duplex implementation
- Robust against memory latency: only 13/14 MHz processor load at 100 cycles latency (encoding/decoding)