Synopsys’ consistent, sustainable programs highlight commitment to site and local employees
YEREVAN, Armenia, Oct. 15, 2013 – Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS), a global leader providing software, IP and services used to accelerate innovation in chips and electronic systems, today announced that Synopsys Week in Armenia will be held October 15-19 in Yerevan. This annual event celebrates joint achievements by business, academia and the government of the Republic of Armenia (RA) and encourages all domestic and international companies to join in the development of Armenia’s technology economy.
Synopsys Week Armenia Schedule of Events
- Oct. 15, 10:00 - Eighth Annual International Microelectronics Olympiad of Armenia. Venue: Synopsys Armenia Educational Department (SAED)
- Oct. 15, 15:00 - Commencement for State Engineering University of Armenia (SEUA), Yerevan State University (YSU), European Regional Academy (ERA) and Russian-Armenian University (RAU). Venue: SEUA 2nd building, Big Hall
- Oct. 16, 12:00 - Ceremony for “Annual Educational Awards of the RA President to the Best IT Students” by RA President Serzh Sargsyan. Venue: Presidential House
- Oct. 16, 15:00 - Press Conference on Synopsys Week 2013. Venue: Synopsys Armenia R&D Center, Main Lobby
- Oct. 16, 17:30 - Gala Evening and Reception honoring the winners of the Presidential IT Awards and the winners of the Eighth Annual International Microelectronics Olympiad of Armenia. Venue: Komitas Chamber Music Hall
- Oct. 17, 11:00 - New classroom opening at the European Regional Academy (ERA)
- Oct. 19, 10:00 - Community Volunteer Event – Tree planting. Location: YSU grounds.
Synopsys week in Armenia includes various events which aim at developing the information and communication technology (ICT) sector in Armenia. These events are implemented jointly with the ICT community, academia and the government, and are intended to showcase the dedication and corporate social responsibility of Synopsys employees toward the development of the economy and innovation in the country.
With Synopsys Armenia well established and growing, Anwar Awad, vice president of engineering at Synopsys, will replace Rich Goldman, vice president for corporate marketing and strategic alliances and chief executive officer of Synopsys Armenia CJSC, as executive sponsor of the Armenia site.
“The work I’ve done during the past nine years in Armenia has been some of the most gratifying of my career, and I feel extremely grateful for the warm welcome and support Armenia has shown to Synopsys and to me from the beginning,” said Rich Goldman. “I am proud to celebrate the achievements in and for Armenia that have resulted from the powerful cooperation between industry, academia and government. Synopsys remains committed to our employees and to contributing to Armenia through ongoing R&D activities. Anwar Awad has walked this journey with me from day one when we set foot in Armenia together. He has been a terrific partner in the development of our site, along with Hovik Musayelyan. I can think of no one better to take up leadership for our site.”
“Since establishing Synopsys Armenia, the capabilities of our team have grown significantly. Today, with over 550 engineers, our Armenian teams are working on the very leading edge of semiconductor processes, all the way to FinFET technologies at 16 nanometers,” said Anwar Awad. “Our achievements in Armenia are a testament to the professionalism and commitment of dedicated Synopsoids at all levels of our organization. I look forward to working with our team for continued investment in our Armenian site and in our employees there.”
“On behalf of our entire Armenia team, I would like to express our deep gratitude to Rich Goldman. Throughout the nine years we have been working together, he has contributed greatly to the site and to IT sector development in Armenia,” said Hovik Musayelyan, director of Synopsys Armenia. “I am confident we will encounter new achievements with Anwar Awad, who enjoys much respect from the team in Armenia.”