Synopsys Academic Program Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants to the program must be accredited, degree-granting academic institutions located in North America, Western Europe or Japan, with curricula and/or research projects involving source code development or analysis.
- The applicant may not be a government funded research and development center, or a laboratory or facility operated by an academic institution for a government.
- Our program’s primary focus is the traditional academic departments of Computer Engineering and Computer Science. Other university research labs, centers and institutions will be evaluated for participation in our program on a case-by-case basis.
How Much Does it Cost to Participate in the Program?
The program is free to join with a $240 administrative fee per year. This grants the participating academic institution:
- Up to five (5) node-locked licenses to the latest version of software (for research purposes)
- Up to 20 user licenses of the latest version of software (for classroom use)
What Licensed Products are Available?
Currently, Synopsys Coverity Static Analysis Tool is available under this program.
How Do I Apply?
- Complete the Synopsys Academic Program Order Form. The person you designate as the Primary Technical Liaison should be the person responsible for installation and maintenance of the Synopsys software.
- Review the Academic End User License and Maintenance Agreement (“AEULM“). The AEULM must be completed with the participant’s name, address and contact information, and accepted by an authorized representative of the participant. An electronic copy of the AEULM will be emailed to the email address supplied by participant upon participant’s acceptance of the AEULM.
- Choose your method of payment. If paying by credit card, you will be asked to submit your credit card information on-line. Alternatively, submit a purchase order for the full subscription fee for the remainder of the program year to AcademicProgram@coverity.com and pay upon receipt of an invoice.
- If the AEULM has been accepted and the Synopsys Academic Purchasing Agreement is complete and in line with the program policies, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download the software and license key.
- Payment of the subscription fee must be made before participation in the program can commence. Subsequent annual fees are due before June 30th of each subsequent program year.
How Do I Renew My Annual Subscription?
- Complete the Synosys Academic Program Order Form. Be sure to check the “Renewal” box under “License Selection,” and enter in the AEULM Reference Number. The AEULM Reference Number is mailed to you with the download instructions.
- Choose your method of payment. If paying by credit card, you will be asked to submit your credit card information on-line. Alternatively, submit a purchase order for the full one (1) year subscription fee for the remainder of the program year to AcademicProgram@coverity.com and pay upon receipt of an invoice.
- If the Synopsys Academic Program Order Form is complete and in line with the program policies, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download your license key.
- Annual fees are due on the 12 month anniversary of the initial commencement day into the program.