UK Modern Slavery Act Statement
Fiscal Year 2017
Synopsys is a global leader in providing software, intellectual property and services used by designers along the entire silicon to software spectrum, from engineers creating advanced semiconductors to software developers seeking to ensure the quality and security of their products. We supply electronic design automation software that engineers use to design and test integrated circuits, also known as chips. We also offer intellectual property (IP) products, which are pre-designed circuits that engineers use as components of larger chip designs instead of designing those circuits themselves. We provide software and hardware used to develop the electronic systems that incorporate chips and the software that runs on them. To complement these offerings, which are sold primarily to semiconductor and electronics companies, we provide technical services to support our solutions and help our customers develop chips and electronic systems. We are also a leading provider of software tools that developers use to improve the quality and security of software code in a wide variety of industries, including electronics, financial services, energy, and industrials.
Although we are primarily a software, IP, and service provider, we also offer hardware systems that engineers can use to simulate the chips they are in the process of designing. This allows engineers to test and verify the behavior of chips, or begin to develop software for them, before the chips have been manufactured.
Slavery and Human Trafficking
The United Kingdom Modern Slavery Act 2015 requires certain businesses to provide disclosures concerning their efforts to address the issues of slavery and human trafficking in their supply chains. This statement describes Synopsys' actions to mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains during the 2017 fiscal year.
A key element of Synopsys' success is our strong set of core values: Integrity, Execution Excellence, and Leadership. Our core values reflect our commitment to ethical business practices, including conducting operations that are free from human trafficking and forced labor.
Synopsys maintains a number of policies and practices to manage our supply chain in an ethical and socially responsible way.
- Our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct is our roadmap for doing business the right way. We do business the right way when we act ethically and consistently with our core value of integrity, our Code, our policies, and all applicable law. The Code instructs our suppliers and vendors to work ethically, legally and in a manner consistent with the standards of our Code and policies. The Code specifically states that Synopsys does not tolerate the use of human trafficking or forced labor, including child labor, in its operations or in its supply chain.
- Our Business Partner Code of Conduct is the roadmap for Synopsys Business Partners to do business the right way. By conducting business with Synopsys, each business partner agrees to comply with the Code and to maintain the highest ethical standards under any and all circumstances.
- Our Whistleblower Hotline is available to all Synopsys personnel and third parties and is a dedicated resource for reporting ethics and compliance concerns or suspected violations.
- Global Citizenship is our corporate social responsibility program, which includes our work to improve supply chain transparency.
In 2017, we undertook the following actions in support of the Act:
- Updated language in our supplier contracts requiring suppliers to comply with our policies and cooperate with our efforts to verify compliance.
- Initiated a Vendor Risk Assessment process to evaluate risks in our supply chain.
Synopsys will continue to evaluate company processes and procedures to optimize efforts to preclude the use of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Synopsys (Northern Europe) Limited’s Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement for the financial year ending October 28, 2017. This statement was approved by the Directors of Synopsys (Northern Europe) Limited on March 23, 2018.