Number of students: > 1400
Number of lecturers: > 300
On June 23, 2011, ERA became a member of the Synopsys Worldwide University Program by cooperation agreement between VivaCell MTS, Synopsys Armenia CJSC, and ERA. The program has also established “Microelectronic Circuits and Systems of Communication Facilities” Chair in Informatics and Applied Mathematics, Information Technologies in Management specialties. The Chair functions in the premises of ERA. Prof. Vazgen Melikyan has been the Head of the Chair since its establishment.
- Classrooms located in ERA: 4
- Students’ seats: 80
- Computers: 80 Pentium IV
Technical infrastructure is provided by ERA.
- Synopsys EDA Tools licenses: 50
- Synopsys tools are used in practical, laboratory & diploma works.
Educational programs implemented in the frame of cooperation
IC Design specialization starting from the 3rd year of Bachelor program is established and functions from September 1, 2011 - Top students from the Informatics and Applied Mathematics, Information Technologies in Management specialties continue their further education at ERA "Microelectronic Circuits and Systems of Communication Facilities" Chair by Industry/University Educational model upon completing the first 2 years of their Bachelor study.
Industry/University Model for ERA
VivaCell MTS provides:
- Renovation of 3 classrooms and other necessary area
- State-of-the-art hardware (60 workstations)
- Salaries of professors and Head of Chair
- Best students
- Professors to be trained
- Classroom and other necessary area to be renovated
- Administrative support
Synopsys Armenia provides:
- State-of-the-art EDA tools
- Curriculum that is contemporary and has high reputation
- Technological information
- ERA professors’ training
- Participation in supervising student projects
In 2011, Director of Synopsys Armenia Educational Department, Head of SEUA "Microelectronic Circuits and Systems" Chair Vazgen Melikyan, was awarded Honorable Medal of European Regional Educational Academy 10-year Anniversary.