2018 Synopsys ARC Design Contest
- Synopsys ARC Design Contest is an IoT electronic design contest invited college students (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral) to join, the purpose is to promote the teaching of College of EE/EECS IoT related training, IoT design knowledge and stimulate students with hands on design project.
- The 1st ARC contest was hosted by Synopsys Wuhan sites, in cooperative of Huazhong University of Science and Technology and the Xi'an Electronic and Science University College of Microelectronics, attracted more than 30 teams, more than 100 students to join. Through the combination of "Class & Contest” working model, and received technical guidance from SNPS’s professional engineers, to help participants can generate advanced IoT design capabilities.
- 2017, Taiwan joined the Cross-Strait ARC Design Contest with China in Xian.
- 2018, ARC Design Contest would like to invite Synopsys Asia-Pac sites to join.
- Contest Host: Synopsys Taiwan
- Preliminary Contest: Online submission
- Final Contest: National Chiao Tung University
- Technical Partner:
- Taiwan IC Design Society (TICD)
||Open for registration
|Download Application Form
||Preliminary documentation submission end date
May 18, 2018
|Submit Required Documentation to Monica Wang
|Preliminary contest review
May 21-30, 2018
|Group review period
|Winner notice for finalist
May 31, 2018
July 11, 2018
|National Chiao Tung University
|Final Contest Award
||July 12, 2018
- First Place (x 1P): NTD 60,000 and certification
- Second Place（x 2P）: NTD 40,000 and certification
- Third Place（x 3P）: NTD 30,000 and certification
- Excellent Project（maximum x 5P）: NTD10,000 and certification
- Base on ARC EM Starter Kit board, enrolled teams may freely choose IoT related projects, focus on the IoT applications of electronic design system.
- Teams may choose embARC as an open source software platform, utilize ARC EMSK embedded design applications to work out IoT related research projects, smart wearable, intelligent Home system, baby care, drone etc.
- Because of the soft & hardware development tools of the competition with the limitation amount, cooperative universities will offer boards of registration sequence
- Submit Required: Word documentation, video, PPT proposal and photos (5-6 pics)
- This Contest is open to all students currently attending colleges or universities. The participants must be a student registered and attending colleges or universities during the Contest Period (from now until July 31, 2018) and shall not be working in any company, research institute or other entity on a full-time or part-time basis during the Contest Period.
- Only teams may be registered to participate in the Contest, and each team may have up to 3 participants (students) and may invite one or two couches to join.
- Each participant is required to sign a consent letter of the Contest and agree to be in compliance with all the provisions in the consent letter, and if there is any non-compliance or violation of any such provision, the participant shall be disqualified. If there is any dispute on the compliance issue, the Contest Organizer shall have the sole authority to decide on such dispute.
- Any one project shall only be enrolled in one competition category; please do not submit the same project multiple times in the relevant IoT competitions.
- Each participant acknowledges and agrees that the project submitted may be posted in Synopsys ARC related website.
Premilitary Submission Requirements:
- Word file: Fill-in completed preliminary information
- Proposal：Follow standard format in ppt or pdf version
- Project Video：Video upload via Youku (http://www.youku.com ) file size below 50MB
- Photo: 5-6 pics
- Required documents submit due date by May 18, 2018 before 24:00
- Contest documents contact: Mika Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARC EMSK boards will be supported by cooperative universities
- Project submissions will be evaluated by the contest committee members, including ARC RD and professors
- Functionality and Practicability (20%)，Design Realization (20%)，Design Innovation (15%)，Project Completeness (15%)，Team Demo and Presentation (30%)