Cloud based monitoring denotes a series of tools and methods that help users observe and manage their cloud-based infrastructure. These tools collect organizational infrastructure data, analyze it, and present results in a human-readable format for review. Both manual and automated techniques help ensure the availability of servers, websites, and high-priority infrastructure services. By continuously evaluating the resources and response times, organizations can maintain more secure infrastructures capable of handling issues as they emerge.
Cloud Monitoring Types:
Cloud monitoring tools can be grouped according to several categories.
- Virtual machine monitoring applications simulate a computer within a computer. Virtual machines generally are scaled out in IaaS as a virtual server with multiple virtual desktops. These applications can track users, traffic, and machine status while conducting traditional IT infrastructure monitoring with cloud monitoring solutions.
- Database monitoring reviews processes, queries, availability, and consumption of database resources. Additionally, database monitoring enables organizations to track data integrity and monitor connections for real-time use while reviewing access requests for security purposes. If instability or a breach is detected, the monitoring application can alert the appropriate users.
- Website monitoring tools track site traffic as well as resource utilization of cloud-hosted sites.
- Cloud storage monitoring enables analytics tracking by monitoring processes on virtual machines, services, databases, and applications. These monitoring applications can be configured to track metrics, processes, users, databases, and storage. With the help of cloud storage monitoring, organizations are better prepared to fix bugs and implement additional features.
- Virtual networking monitoring creates software versions of network technologies, such as firewalls, load balancers, and routers. These tools continually analyze and collect operational data. For example, if a virtual router has too much traffic the network can adjust to compensate. Rather than switching hardware, virtualization infrastructure can adjust to optimize data flow.