Electronic systems in automobiles are growing rapidly in size, complexity, and critical functionality. As a result, safety verification is emerging as a essential requirement for automotive SoC and IP designs. In order to assure that even the most stringent safety standards are met, fast and comprehensive fault simulation solutions that adheres to a strict set of automotive safety standards as outlined by ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 is required.
Z01X Functional Safety Assurance Datasheet
Z01X Manufacturing Assurance Datasheet
- Powerful component of ISO 26262 certification and IEC 61508 compliance
- Scalable and flexible fault models
- Exhaustive fault injection
Synopsys’ Z01X fault simulation solution injects faults throughout automotive devices and simulates the effects in order to help users develop robust diagnostic tests and verify safety mechanisms to meet the automotive safety standards in ISO 26262 and IEC 61508.
With the most complete fault model set of any available solution, Z01X has the speed and capacity to inject faults that represent many of the random hardware failure types defined in ISO 26262. Z01X can model faults from both the d.c. and a.c. fault model sets, and can inject soft errors (transient faults). Its innovative simulation management environment (Fault Manager) and advanced concurrent algorithms are designed to maximize the throughput of fault injection and fault simulation for even the most complex designs.
Figure 1. Z01X fault simulation solution
Fastest, Most Comprehensive Fault Simulation Solution
Z01X Functional Safety Key features:
- Complete Fault Modeling
- From the d.c. model set, Z01X Functional Safety can inject stuck-at faults and bridge faults (shorts between circuit lines).
- From the a.c. fault model set, Z01X Functional Safety can inject transition faults.
- Z01X Functional Safety also supports the Single Event Upset (SEU) model to allow you to measure coverage of your transient faults (soft errors).
- Fault Manager: Controls and synchronizes the entire fault injection process, from creating the fault list through obtaining fault coverage reports.
- Versatile Simulation: Support for complete Verilog language allows simulation of the most advanced microprocessors.
- Distributed Processing: Distributed fault simulation with the Z01X solution can easily be setup using named hosts, Oracle Grid Engine (SGE) or IBM Platform LSF®.
- User Defined Fault Detection: User-defined fault detection provides the ability to detect faults from a variety of safety mechanisms, including hardware redundancies, lock step modes, and software based self tests.
- Fault Viewer: Investigate the quality of your design’s test coverage with Z01X Inspect, Synopsys’ integrated graphic interface for exploring fault coverage.
Figure 2. Z01X Inspect Fault Viewer
Fault Simulation for Today’s Automotive Verification
Accurate and timely fault injection is key to assuring that key automotive safety standards are met. With the Z01X Functional Safety fault simulation solution, SoC teams are able to efficiently verify automotive chips, for the next generation of automobiles.