- For SCL, Synopsys recommends single (not redundant) license servers with the following system hardware & configuration:
- Recent AMD or Intel x86_64 processor
- OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5
- Multiple CPUs or cores (modern CPU with 4 or more cores is recommended)
- 2 GHz CPU speed or better
- 8 GB of RAM (4 GB Minimum)
- 2 Gbps Ethernet card & switch
- Adequate soft file descriptors (typically 8192 or higher)
- A physical machine (virtual machines are not recommended as they can impact license server performance)
- Other platforms are also supported, but are recommended only for LAN servers with small quantities of licenses.
Supported SCL Platforms by Operating System & Platform Keyword
For a list of Operating Systems supported under SCL 11.x, see the table below.
- SCL 11.9 or 11.10 is required to run J-2015.03, K-2015.06 or later tool versions)
- SCL 11.8 is not recommended
- SCL 11.7 and prior are no longer supported
The following limitations apply:
- For SpringSoft products, SCL on the Windows OS is not supported. Use another supported platform.
- For ARChitect and MetaWare tool versions based on legacy daemons, use only 32-bit versions of SCL for Solaris and Linux platforms.
- For CoWare, Synfora, and VaST tool versions based on legacy daemons, use only 32-bit versions of SCL for Solaris and Linux platforms.
- For Synplicity tool versions based on legacy daemons, if you are using a Solaris SPARC platform, use only the 32-bit "sparcOS5" binary.
|Synopsys Common Licensing Supported Platforms by OS & Keyword |
|Platform||Operating System||Platform Keyword|
(use for downloading & installation)
|x86_64||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5|
Compatible: RHEL 5.7,5.9, 6.2, 6.4, 7.1
Note: RHEL 7.0 is not supported. Migrate off RHEL 5.x, which will not be supported in a future SCL release.
|x86_64||Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP1|
Compatible: SLES 10 SP3, 10 SP4, 11 SP2, 11 SP3, 12
Note: Migrate off SLES 10.x, which will not be supported in a future SCL release.
|IBM RS/6000||AIX 6.1 Compatible: AIX 7.1-TL3-SP3 ||rs6000 (32-bit)|
|x86_64||Windows Server 2008 R2|
Compatible: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
Note. Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 are not supported.
|Oracle (Sun) SPARC||Solaris 10|
Note:The last Solaris release of SCL will be in December 2015; support will continue until June 2016.
Contact your Account Manager to rehost your licenses to a supported platform.
For a list of vendor daemons incorporated into SCL, click here.