For modern chip designs, a comprehensive synthesis plan must address the competing requirements of smaller geometries, greater complexity and optimal performance, along with the corresponding physical effects on timing and congestion. A traditional ASIC or netlist handoff is becoming inefficient, as multiple, costly iterations between customer and ASIC vendor (or between front-end and back-end design teams within the same company) compromise both productivity and predictability. With more constraints to optimize, as well as the need to incorporate more complex timing requirements due to multiple analysis modes and operating corners, physical data must be incorporated earlier in the design flow to improve design predictability.
Our consultants can provide the methods and expertise to help you evolve a traditional netlist or ASIC handoff into an efficient, “hybrid-ASIC” handoff. A hybrid-ASIC flow can eliminate costly iterations between front-end and back-end teams by incorporating physical implementation tools and analysis techniques earlier in the flow (e.g., during the physical synthesis step). This allows for early physical visualization, accurate congestion prediction and optimization, and detailed physical planning. The resulting physically-aware netlists incorporate design intent, floorplan data, utilization and congestion optimization for a more efficient handoff to the physical implementation team.
Synopsys’ Predictable Silicon Sign-Off services include assistance with:
- Incorporating physical information early in the design cycle
- New and complex library characteristics
- Multi-voltage thresholds and multiple voltage domains
- Multiple PVT corners, operating mode constraints, and clocks
- Floorplan constraints
- New physical requirements such as minimum double-via requirements
- New test and verification strategies such as hierarchical scan
- Producing physically-aware netlists which take into account
- Incorporated low power techniques, special cells
- Cell utilization
- Special ASIC vendor requirements
To get more information on how we can customize our services for you, please contact us or call your local sales representative.