Chip design teams can improve time to market and avoid costly re-spins by using FPGA-based physical prototypes to accelerate system validation. FPGA-based prototypes enable embedded software developers to use actual hardware earlier in the design cycle, permitting pre-silicon validation and hardware/software integration prior to chip fabrication.
Synopsys’ FPGA-based prototyping solution is a complete suite of tightly integrated, easy to use products comprising HAPS® (High-performance ASIC Prototyping System™) hardware and ProtoCompiler prototyping software that includes automation features for ASIC migration, multi-FPGA partitioning, FPGA synthesis, and debug.
Synopsys consultants provide methodology and implementation expertise to help deploy a prototyping flow that efficiently maps ASIC-targeted RTL to Synopsys' HAPS® series systems. Synopsys engineers work collaboratively with a customer's design team to define the flow and assist with the prototype implementation. The focus is on creating a robust, reusable prototyping flow which maps a SoC design into hardware that enables "real world" testing and software integration in advance of ASIC availability.
Synopsys' FPGA-based prototyping services include assistance with:
- Developing your prototyping methodology
- Test environment development and integration assistance
- Adapting ASIC-targeted RTL for FPGA(s) (e.g., migrating memories, clocks, IP)
- Configuring HAPS hardware (e.g., mapping standard interfaces and connectivity)
- Optimizing your FPGA-based prototyping flow setup for RTL debug
- DesignWare IP integration
- HAPS daughter board design advice
- IP block up through complete SoC system configuration, programming, and chaining support
- Connecting prototypes to external hardware models and verification tools
To get more information on how we can customize our services for you, please contact Synopsys Professional Services or call your local sales representative.