The VPOM-1510 is a proven example of the capabilities delivered by the Synopsys virtual prototype portfolio of system-level tools, models and services. It has been developed and deployed using the Innovator virtual prototype creation and runtime tool as well as models from the DesignWare System-Level Library. In addition, customer-specific models have been added. With this fast, full-function software simulation capability, software developers were able to start development and integration of their software before the hardware was available.
This virtual prototype is a high performance software simulator of the Texas Instruments Innovator Kit for OMAP1510 designed for mobile phone video and imaging development. OMAP1510 is based on the OMAP architecture that includes the ARM9. The VPOM-1510 offers dramatic gains in developer productivity by integrating with the software developer's preferred development environment for application, middleware, operating system and driver development, making it a feasible alternative even after silicon development boards have become available.
The OMAP1510 graphics subsystem incorporates imaging, and video and audio accelerator standards, enabling system designers to have access to a full simulation of the accelerator.
The VPOM-1510 models most of the components and peripherals of the OMAP1510 as well as the user interface including touch-screen, stylus and terminals. This prototype also includes the development boards that contain the audio codec and touch-screen controller (ADS7846), camera interface (OV9640), various flash memory models and more.
- Runs actual ARM9 binaries targeted for the OMAP1510 Software Development Platform - no cross compiling
- Provides efficient heterogeneous multi-core debug
- Interfaces to RDI compatible debuggers
- Integrates with leading software development tools including TI's Code Composer Studio, Lauterbach TRACE32, Microsoft's Platform Builder and eMbedded Visual Tools, ARM's RealView and more
- Provides high level of system visibility and control with the ability to set breakpoints and single-step through peripheral hardware models
- Includes real-world connections through the host PC including: camera, USB, serial ports, Ethernet and audio codecs
- Emulates system peripherals including MMC/SD card
- Allows camera application development and test through a USB camera connected to the host computer and from a video file
- View system registers and variables inside peripheral hardware models
- Provides low-level execution control and visibility into the CPU and the peripheral components
- Features photo realistic device skin with emulated touch screen
- Provides security support for applications that require secure operation
- Offers the ability to add custom peripherals and skins using Innovator to create a derivative virtual prototype for any OMAP1510 platform device
- The VPOM-1510 Reference Virtual Prototype improves software productivity by delivering:
- Faster turnaround time for testing new images
- Quicker debug with control and visibility into hardware
- Accelerated final test and integration – up to 80%
- Simplified collaboration among extended team members via electronic distribution
This reference virtual prototype is available on a restricted basis to qualified customers upon request.