- Interested in starting your software development integration and test months before hardware is available?
- Interested in simplifying your path to certification with corner case, fault and coverage testing?
- Interested in containing your development and test costs while your software content grows?
Powertrain and hybrid controllers, chassis and safety systems, body electronics, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), infotainment devices and instrument clusters are part of the increasing electronic content in automobiles and translate to increasing software development, debug and test efforts. The challenges of creating robust code are felt throughout the automotive electronic supply chain, from semiconductor companies to Tier 1 and OEM suppliers. Improved software development and test productivity in automotive not only results in faster time-to-market and contained development costs, but also in safer more reliable products.
Synopsys' Virtualizer™ Development Kits (VDKs) help automotive designers address their software development challenges. VDKs are software development kits containing virtual prototypes of automotive specific microcontroller units (MCUs) and system-on-chips (SoCs), as well as debug and analysis tools and sample software, enabling engineers to start software development and integration and test activities months before the hardware design is available.
- Automotive VDKs for Electronic Control Units
The VDKs are focused on embedded software development integration and test for MCUs found in powertrain, hybrid, chassis, safety, driver assistance and body applications. They enable development teams to reduce the overall development cycles and costs while increasing the reliability of their end-product.
- Start software development early, before Microcontroller, Electronic Controller Units (ECUs) or network of ECUs are available
- Speed development, integration and test of Microcontroller Abstraction Layer (MCAL), complex drivers, multicore software and complete AUTOSAR stacks
- Test corner cases with virtual Hardware-in-the-Loop environments including Simulink, Saber and CANoe
- Perform more efficient fault and code coverage testing in support of ISO 26262
- Automate regression testing
- Facilitate communication across the supply chain
Synopsys supports processor cores from Renesas (V850, SH2A, RH850), Infineon (TriCore™), Freescale (e200), and ARM® (Cortex®-A, R (for both ARMv7 and ARMv8 architectures), and M).
Learn more about VDKs for Infineon's AURIX™ microcontroller family
Learn more about VDKs for Renesas' RH850 microcontroller family
Learn more about VDKs for Freescales’ Qorivva microcontroller family
- Automotive VDKs for Infotainment and Instrument Cluster
Applications focused on the interaction between the vehicle and the driver/passengers are greatly influenced by advances and requirements found in the portable consumer electronics market. These VDKs focus on enabling reduced design cycles and the time to market window required to keep up with the rapidly evolving automotive market.
- Decrease design cycle time with virtual prototyping and verification tools that speed time-to-market
- Accelerate debug and analysis productivity with unique virtual prototyping capabilities
- Automate regression testing
- Improve software quality and reliability to meet automotive quality standards
- Facilitate communication across the supply chain through model exchange
Synopsys supports processor cores from ARM (Cortex®-A and R, for both ARMv7 and ARMv8 architectures), Renesas (SH4A), and MIPS.
Learn more about VDK Family for ARM® Cortex® Processors
Learn more about Altera SoC FPGA Virtual Target