The Synopsys DesignWare® USB 2.0 picoPHY provides designers with a complete
physical (PHY) layer IP solution, designed for low power mobile and consumer
applications such as next-generation, feature-rich smartphones and mobile
internet devices. The DesignWare USB 2.0 picoPHY IP delivers smaller die area
(approximately 30%) and lower leakage power compared to current USB 2.0 PHY IP
products, for reduced silicon cost and longer battery life.
Optimized for mobile and consumer electronic applications, the DesignWare USB
2.0 picoPHY implements the latest Battery Charger (version 1.1) and USB On-The-
Go (OTG) version 2.0 specifications from the USB Implementer's Forum (USBIF).
Architected for the industry's most advanced 1.8V process technologies, the
USB 2.0 picoPHY is designed with features created to minimize effects due to
variations in foundry process, device models, package and board parasitics.
The DesignWare USB 2.0 picoPHY builds on years of customer success with Synopsys' silicon-proven USB 2.0 PHY IP product line, that has been successfully deployed in over 300 customer designs and over 50 process technologies ranging from 180 nm to 32 nm. When
combined with the DesignWare Host, Device or On-The-Go (OTG) digital controllers
and verification IP, the DesignWare USB 2.0 picoPHY delivers a complete low power
and small die area solution for advanced system-on-chip (SoC) designs.
- Designed for advanced manufacturing processes, the USB 2.0 picoPHY is targeted to advanced 28 nm, 32 nm and 40 nm 1.8V CMOS digital logic processes
- Supports Battery Charging v1.1 and USB OTG v2.0 Specifications
- Delivers approximately 30% smaller area than previous USB 2.0 PHY generation
- Supports advanced power management features, such as power supply gating and support for ultra-low standby current
- Integrates high-speed, mixed-signal custom CMOS circuitry designed to the UTMI+ Level 3 Specification
- Supports the USB 2.0 480 Mbps protocol and data rate (hi-speed)
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 operating at 1.5 Mbps (low-speed) and 12 Mbps (full-speed)
- Can be used in USB Device, Host, or On-The-Go applications