The DesignWare® ARC® EM Starter Kit is a low-cost, versatile solution enabling rapid software development, code porting, software debugging, and profiling for ARC EM4 and EM6 processors.
The ARC EM Starter Kit consists of a hardware platform, including pre-installed FPGA images of two ARC EM4 and two ARC EM6 configurations with peripherals, and a software package. The software package includes the MQX real-time operating system (RTOS) in binary format, peripheral drivers, and application code examples.
The development board is based on a Xilinx Spartan®-6 LX45 FPGA and supports a variety of hardware extensions via six 2x6 connectors supporting a total of 48 user I/O pins (plus power and ground pins) that can be used to connect components such as sensors, actuators, memories, displays, buttons, switches, and communication devices. A Digilent Pmod™ Compatible extension board containing a 4-channel 12-bit A/D converter with an I2C interface and an AC power adapter is included in the package.
DesignWare ARC EM Starter Kit
Evaluate ARC EM Now DesignWare ARC EM Starter Kit
- Rapid software development for ARC EM processor cores
- Ready-to-use out of the box
- Based on Xilinx Spartan-6 LX45
- 128 MByte DDR3
- On-board clock generation
- Six connectors for hardware extensions
- Pre-installed FPGA images with different configurations of DesignWare ARC EM4 and EM6 processor cores
- Flexible selection of UART, SPI, I2C and GPIO peripherals
- JTAG and serial console over USB
- Standard 20-pin JTAG connector also supporting 4-wire JTAG for ARC EM processor
- 8Mbyte for application software available in on-board flash
- SD-Card for additional application software and data storage
- MQX real-time operating system including peripheral drivers
- Application examples
- MetaWare Development Toolkit