Las Vegas Convention Center
June 1-5, 2014
Synopsys Booths #2822 and #5451
Exhibit Dates and Hours
Tuesday, June 3: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 4: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 5: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
At LIGHTFAIR, Synopsys' Optical Solutions Group will showcase innovative solutions in LightTools®, LucidShape, LucidShapeG, and GPUtrace (formerly of Brandenburg GmbH) for LED and general lighting design challenges.
Products and Services
LightTools is an illumination design environment that integrates 3D CAD, optical modeling, and an interactive user interface to simplify the design of illumination applications, including LED die packaging and LED-driven illumination systems. Speak with our experts at Booth 2822 to learn how to capitalize on LightTools' latest enhancements to further improve your design productivity.
- Expanded multi-threaded processing support for dramatically faster backward ray trace analyses and photorealistic rendering
- Targeted analysis of illuminance and intensity output charts expedite design troubleshooting
- New swept and freeform objects accelerate creation of complex lighting components
- New volume scattering types facilitate the design of biomedical optics
- Expanded street and automotive lighting design and analysis
- New utilities that provide illumination simulation data in easy-to-read, customizable formats
- Enhanced modeling of optical surface scattering for small-feature design
Speak with our experts in LucidShapeG and GPUtrace at Booth 5451.
LucidShapeG is a powerful software tool for the design of lighting systems and optical components. This special edition of LucidShape for general lighting combines versatile state-of-the-art lighting tools with an intuitive design interface and extraordinarily accurate photometric ray tracing capabilities. It consists of:
- Digital setup for optical and lighting products
- LucidFunGeo, a collection of algorithms to automatically calculate functional geometry for lighting, such as freeform reflectors and lenses
- Simulation, including forward Monte Carlo ray tracing, fast light mapping, interactive ray tracing, random rays, lit appearance with luminance image from backward ray trace, gather sensor light, reverse sensor light
- LucidStudio, an interactive development environment to handle all design tasks. Includes different simulation methods for photometric forward ray tracing, plus many tools for display and analysis of geometry and light data
- LucidShell script interpreter, a C-like language for customizing and creating applications
GPUtrace is a simulation method available in LucidShape that uses graphics processing unit (GPU) computing to enhance simulation speeds. Similar to the Monte Carlo method, and using the same options and parameters,GPUtrace provides orders of magnitude speed increases to LucidShape and LucidShapeG.
We also provide illumination engineering services. Our design team can help you move your illumination system concept to market quickly while meeting your cost and manufacturing goals.
Designing Efficient Illumination Systems (L14W10)
Monday, June 2, 2014
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This intermediate-level course presents key concepts to help engineers design efficient illumination systems. This includes balancing requirements for uniformity, maximized collection efficiency from the source, and minimized optical package size.
Presenter: William Cassarly, Synopsys Inc.
To Schedule a Meeting
If you are planning to attend LIGHTFAIR and would like to schedule an on-site meeting or product demo with Synopsys, please send an email to email@example.com or call 626-795-9101.