The VDK for Renesas RH850 MCU, is a software development kit using virtual prototypes of Renesas RH850 microcontroller family. It includes reference virtual prototypes, embedded software development tools, integration with 3rd party source code debuggers and simulation tools, sample code and scripts supporting a broad range of use cases, documentation of development flows and tutorials.
See the datasheet for more details.
- Software development features and integration
- System level debug and analysis software development tools providing higher visibility and controllability on execution
- Scripting interface enables test scenario execution, error injection and customizable developer interface
- Synchronized 3rd party debugger integration support including Lauterbach and GreenHills
- Co-simulation tool integration with Mathworks Simulink, Synopsys SABER and Vector CANoe to establish virtual Hardware-in-the-Loop environment
Figure 1: VDK for Renesas RH850 connected to a plant model in Simulink
- Fast Reference Virtual Prototypes
- Full reference MCU virtual prototype included (Renesas RH850)
- Complete set of peripherals such as timers, memories and communication protocols including LIN and CAN
- I/O models for connection to external applications including simulation tools and VDK tools
- Models adaptable and extendable using Synopsys Virtualizer tool set and CoStart services to support the entire Renesas RH850 MCU family
Figure 2: VDK for Renesas RH850 MCU provides a comprehensive environment
for the development, integration and test of embedded software.
- Synopsys and Renesas Center of Excellence simplifies the access to Renesas VDKs and provides long-term support from a trusted supplier in the automotive market
- Broad use case support including software development, system integration and testing with virtual ECU environment, and fault/coverage testing
- Start development early, front load test development and execution
- Higher development productivity, identify and resolve software issues in days rather than weeks
- Easy to deploy to worldwide development teams and in regression
- Customizable to your specific needs, easy to configure and maintain over long lifecycle projects