The HAPS®-70 and HAPS-60 Co-Simulation (Co-Sim) and Transaction-Based Validation (TBV) Suite products are a comprehensive set of software tools and libraries that enables the connection between a HAPS Series FPGA-based prototype system and a host workstation to enable hybrid prototyping
, co-simulation or transaction-based verification. These connectivity options allow HAPS FPGA-based prototypes to support a variety of hardware/software validation scenarios with Synopsys Virtualizer™ or VCS®.
Figure 1. Typical Product for Expanded Verification Scenarios with HAPS
Download Datasheet (PDF)
Synopsys Transactor Library for AMBA Interconnects
The Transactor Library for AMBA interconnect is the interface that facilitates the data exchange between a loosely-timed transaction-level model (TLM) and a cycle-accurate FPGA hardware implementation. The transactors give designers the flexibility to partition the SoC design between the SystemC/TLM virtual and FPGA-based prototyping environments at the natural block-level boundaries of the AMBA interconnect. The transactors support a range of AMBA Interconnect, including AHB™/APB™, AXI3™, AXI-4™ and AXI4-Lite™.
Learn more about Synopsys Hybrid Prototyping
Figure 2. Software and Hardware Transactors
- The transactor library provides the following key elements:
- Logic that links a host workstation to FPGA systems
- Connects abstract SystemC models to live FPGA hardware
- AMBA protocol interface for SoC block communication
- Co-Simulation Environment
The co-simulation environment establishes a signal-level link between a HAPS Series system and Synopsys VCS®. This allows the entire SoC design, or parts of it, to run in the hardware during the simulation phase.
Key needs addressed by the co-simulation environment include:
- An incremental way to move portions of a design into the FPGA-based prototype
- Drive the FPGA-based prototype with an HDL test fixture
- Co-simulation with prototype to ensure equivalent function
Figure 3. HDL-Bridge for Co-Simulation
Transaction-Based Verification Environment
The transaction-based verification environment for the HAPS Series provides a SCE-MI standard transport infrastructure to connect untimed software models to design-under-test (DUT) models executing within a hardware system like an FPGA-based prototype. The Synopsys SCE-MI communication link is automatically generated for each channel which interconnects transactor models in a HAPS Series FPGA-based prototype to untimed or RTL C/C++/SystemC models on a workstation.
- Key needs addressed by the transaction-based verification environment include:
- SCE-MI Accellera-compliant connectivity to HAPS-60 systems
- Support for SystemVerilog Import/Export DPI functions
- Eases connectivity to HDL simulators like Synopsys VCS