Integrated design and verification flow for LTE and LTE-Advanced
Synopsys and Rohde & Schwarz are working together to accelerate the design and verification of chipsets and handsets as well as base stations that serve the next-generation LTE and LTE-Advanced standards. Synopsys contributes its strength in algorithm design and verification solutions, including standard-compliant reference libraries, while Rohde & Schwarz contributes its signal generation expertise and proven test and measurement solutions that are used worldwide in research and development, verification, production and service. The joint solution bridges the gap between system design and hardware prototype verification.
- Standard-compliant signal generation
- Rohde & Schwarz signal generators like the R&S®SMU200A provide standard-compliant LTE signals in line with the 3GPP specifications 36.101 and 36.104.
- The I/Q signals generated by the Synopsys LTE library for simulations and the Rohde & Schwarz signal generator for real world hardware testing have been cross-verified against each other. This provides highest confidence for algorithm designers needing to achieve standards compliance.
- Automatic parameter configurations
- The parameter configuration of Rohde & Schwarz signal generators can be done automatically, using the LTE Library in either SPW or System Studio, so the configuration of simulation and real-world signal generation are guaranteed to be in sync.
- Reduction of signal generator setup time
- Ensures consistency of signals generated from both simulation and test equipment
- Avoids loosing multiple days of system integration time caused by wrong configurations
For more information, see the FAQ and Fact Sheet.
The validated Synopsys LTE library will be available in June 2011. This release will also include the initial version of LTE-Advanced. The automatic signal generator configuration will be available to select customers in June 2011 with general availability expected in October 2011.
For further information on Rohde & Schwarz test and measurement solutions visit: www.measurement.rohde-schwarz.com.
For further information on the Synopsys algorithm design solutions, SPW and System Studio, as well as the LTE library, visit http://www.synopsys.com/dsp.
Interoperability Description and Customer Benefit
Synopsys’ LTE Library for the System Studio and SPW algorithm design tools includes models of the transmitter and the physical channel as defined in the standard, as well as functional models of ideal receivers that can serve as references. The library provides an end-to-end simulation chain for both uplink and downlink transmission and reception. Through the collaboration, Synopsys’ LTE library, including the upcoming LTE-Advanced enhancements, are verified against Rohde & Schwarz’s test and measurement solutions, greatly increasing design confidence for algorithm designers needing to achieve standards compliance. Starting with signal generators, Rohde & Schwarz test equipment will be able to automatically derive their configuration from the Synopsys simulation setup. Since typical configurations consist of more than 100 parameters, this integration significantly reduces the time to a correct setup. It also reduces the risk of configuration inconsistencies that often result in losing days of system integration time in the lab.
Tell me more about Rohde & Schwarz signal generators and the Synopsys LTE solution.