- For SCL, Synopsys recommends single (not redundant) license servers with the following system hardware & configuration:
- Recent x86_64 or SPARC processor
- OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7, 5.9, 6.2, 6.4 / 64-bit Solaris 10
- Multiple CPUs or cores
- 2 GHz CPU speed or better
- 4 GB of RAM
- 2 Gbps Ethernet card & switch
- Adequate soft file descriptors (typically 8192 or higher)
Supported SCL Platforms by Operating System & Platform Keyword
- Other platforms are also supported, but are recommended only for small quantities of licenses. For details on Synopsys recommendations, see the SCL Combined Vendor Daemon Migration Checklist.
For a list of Operating Systems supported under SCL 11.x, see the table below. IMPORTANT:
- SCL 11.7 is required to support tools based on Magma knights or EVE eved./
- SCL 11.6 is required to serve SpringSoft tools based on the sclmgrd and snslmgrd daemons.
- SCL 11.5 or later is required to serve cvd-format licenses for tools based on the ACAD, magma, riod, or TAVEREN daemons.
- SCL 11.4 and prior SCL releases are not supported.
The following limitations apply:
- For SpringSoft products, SCL on the Windows OS is not supported. Use another supported platform.
- For ARChitect and MetaWare tool versions based on legacy daemons, use only 32-bit versions of SCL for Solaris and Linux platforms.
- For CoWare, Synfora, and VaST tool versions based on legacy daemons, use only 32-bit versions of SCL for Solaris and Linux platforms.
- For Synplicity tool versions based on legacy daemons, if you are using a Solaris SPARC platform, use only the 32-bit "sparcOS5" binary.
|Synopsys Common Licensing Supported Platforms by OS & Keyword |
|Platform||Operating System||Platform Keyword|
(use for downloading & installation)
|AMD or Intel x86_64||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7|
Compatible: RHEL 5.9, 6.2, 6.4 Note: Migrate off of RHEL 4.8 which will not be supported in a future SCL release.
|AMD or Intel x86_64||Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise 9 SP3|
Compatible: SLES 10 SP2, SLES 11
|IBM RS/6000||AIX 5.3 oslevel 5300-05|
Compatible: AIX 6.1
|IA-32 (x86) Linux||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7|
Compatible: RHEL RHEL 5.9, 6.2, 6.4 Note: 32-bit x86 CPUs are not supported. Move to 64-bit x86_64 CPUs.
|IA-32(x86) Windows||Microsoft Windows XP SP2, SP3|
Compatible: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008R2
Note: 32-bit x86 CPUs are not supported. Move to 64-bit x86_64 CPUs.
|Oracle (Sun) SPARC||Solaris 10|
For a list of vendor daemons incorporated into SCL, click here.