December 2012 Migration to SCL
Starting with the December 2012 tool releases, former Magma tools will migrate to Synopsys Common Licensing (SCL). This includes FineSim, Quartz, Quickcap, Talus,Tekton, Titan, and other tools based on the ACAD, magma, riod, and TAVEREN vendor daemons. (Camelot, YieldManager, and other tools based on the knights vendor daemon are not affected by this migration.)
The migration to SCL means that starting on December 10, 2012:
- License keys for tools based on Magma vendor daemons will be reissued in the Synopsys combined vendor daemon (cvd) format
- cvd-format license keys will be available for download at the SmartKeys Website
- The cvd-format keys will require Synopsys Common Licensing version 11.5
- Instructions for setting up and starting SCL version 11.5 will be posted online in the Synopsys Licensing QuickStart Guide
SCL version 11.5 (snpslmd daemon) will not start unless the ACAD, magma, riod, and TAVEREN daemons are first shut down. This migration will not require you to update your tool versions, as Synopsys Common Licensing version 11.5 will be able to support all versions of the former Magma tools. However, your user environment might need to change
- if any license server serves both Magma vendor daemons and the SCL snpslmd vendor daemon, as the combined license file can have only one lmgrd tcp port (for example, 26585, 27000, or 27010);
- for FineSim and Quartz users (only), since the 2012.12 tool versions will no longer support ACAD_LICENSE_FILE and MAGMA_LICENSE_FILE, but only LM_LICENSE_FILE and SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE.
Besides FineSim and Quartz (versions 2012.12 and later), other Magma tools will not support SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE until a later tool release.
Plan your migration to SCL version 11.5 now.