- Configure and integrate IP blocks and subsystems
- Apply the latest methods to maximize your verification productivity
- Deploy new technologies to improve hand-off between front-end and back-end teams
Achieve Rapid Design Closure By Applying Best Design Practices
The quality of early design deliverables such as the chip specification, RTL code and functional verification plan has tremendous impact on the efficiency of an SoC’s implementation phase. In addition, the growing number and complexity of IP blocks and subsystems being integrated into today’s SoC designs challenge even the most experienced design teams, particularly when the IP is new or otherwise unfamiliar to the team.
Synopsys consultants posses the expertise and experience to assist you in SoC configuration, integration and verification, as well as implementation. Synopsys consultants can work directly with your system-level designers to ensure the design specifications accurately capture design intent at both the block and chip levels, helping to minimize iterations between architects and RTL developers to increase productivity. We can then assist your team in translating the specification into a high-quality RTL description following best practices pioneered by Synopsys, as well as help identify, configure and integrate suitable IP blocks and subsystems to meet the design goals.
Rapid IP creation, qualification and integration are critical aspects of SoC development. Leveraging proven design reuse methodologies, we help you create high quality, reusable IP blocks. Our consultants also possess unique knowledge that will help you optimally configure and integrate Synopsys DesignWare® IP, the industry’s most widelyused portfolio of IP cores and building block libraries. If your SoC includes a proprietary subsystem, we can create custom IP “wrappers” that interface industry-standard IP to your proprietary buses.
Verification remains the single most significant challenge in getting advanced SoC devices to market. The development of an independent verification plan, separate from the RTL creation, is key to generating an efficient functional verification approach which will minimize functional bugs. And because traditional verification methods simply cannot scale with chip complexity, our verification experts will help you take advantage of advanced verification techniques such as assertions, constrained-random stimulus generation, and coverage-driven verification, and rapidly deploy them across your entire project. Our consultants share expertise with Synopsys’ Discovery™ Verification Platform tools and apply best practices based on UVM as well as the proven methodology defined in the popular Verification Methodology Manual (VMM) for SystemVerilog, coauthored by Synopsys and ARM. Creating a design environment with VMM / UVMcompliant building blocks takes less time and eases cross-site collaboration as well as reuse at the block, system and project levels. By helping you employ the best design practices and the latest design methodologies in the front-end of the design cycle, Synopsys Professional Services enables you to achieve significant gains in overall design and verification productivity throughout the entire design process, and improve the predictability of your project schedule.
- Synopsys’ SoC Integration and Verification consultants can assist you to:
- Analyze performance, power consumption, area, complexity, design effort and risks vs. technology options
- Create design, verification and test specs and plans, including FPGA-based prototypes
- Qualify, configure and integrate IP blocks into verified subsystems into SoC’s
- Develop and verify custom logic, IP wrappers, bus bridges and power management circuits
- Develop advanced verification environment and bind SystemVerilog assertions to RTL to accelerate high verification coverage
- Code and integrate client, Synopsys and third-party VIP using reusable testbenches, scoreboards, checkers, coverage bins
- Create design and timing constraints for all functional and test modes and corners
- Incorporate early floorplan timing to reduce physical design handoff iterations
- Partition design for FPGA-based prototyping
- Manage SoC integration and verification projects, including risk mitigation plans
To get more information on how we can customize our services to help you meet your design goals, please contact us or call your local Synopsys sales representative.