- For SCL, Synopsys recommends single (not redundant) license servers with the following system hardware & configuration:
- Recent x86_64 processor
- OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2, 6.4 or 6.5
- Multiple CPUs or cores (modern CPU with 4 or more cores is recommended)
- 2 GHz CPU speed or better
- 4 GB of RAM
- 2 Gbps Ethernet card & switch
- Adequate soft file descriptors (typically 8192 or higher)
- A physical machine (virtual machines are not recommended as they can impact license server performance)
- Other platforms are also supported, but are recommended only for small quantities of licenses.
Supported SCL Platforms by Operating System & Platform Keyword
For a list of Operating Systems supported under SCL 11.x, see the table below.
- SCL 11.9 or SCL 11.8 is required to run J-2015.03 tools
- SCL 11.9 is required to run tools based on the Target Compiler targetld daemon
- SCL 11.8 is required to run tools based on the PerfectVIPs perflmd daemon
- SCL 11.7 and prior are no longer supported
The following limitations apply:
- For SpringSoft products, SCL on the Windows OS is not supported. Use another supported platform.
- For ARChitect and MetaWare tool versions based on legacy daemons, use only 32-bit versions of SCL for Solaris and Linux platforms.
- For CoWare, Synfora, and VaST tool versions based on legacy daemons, use only 32-bit versions of SCL for Solaris and Linux platforms.
- For Synplicity tool versions based on legacy daemons, if you are using a Solaris SPARC platform, use only the 32-bit "sparcOS5" binary.
|Synopsys Common Licensing Supported Platforms by OS & Keyword |
|Platform||Operating System||Platform Keyword|
(use for downloading & installation)
|AMD or Intel x86_64||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7|
Compatible: RHEL 5.9, 6.2, 6.4, 6.5
Note: RHEL 7.x is not supported. Migrate off RHEL 5.x, which will not be supported in a future SCL release.
|AMD or Intel x86_64||Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP3|
Compatible: SLES 10 SP4, SLES 11 SP1,SLES 11 SP2
Note: Migrate off SLES 10.x, which will not be supported in a future SCL release.
|IBM RS/6000||AIX 6.1||rs6000 (32-bit)|
|x86_64 Windows||Microsoft Windows XP SP2, SP3|
Compatible: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2
Migrate off Windows XP. Windows XP will not be supported in a future release.
|Oracle (Sun) SPARC||Solaris 10|
Note: Migrate off Solaris, which will not be supported in a future SCL release.
For a list of vendor daemons incorporated into SCL, click here.