- For SCL, Synopsys recommends single (not redundant) license servers with the following system hardware & configuration:
- Recent x86_64 or SPARC processor
- OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7, 6.1, 6.2 / 64-bit Solaris 10
- Multiple CPUs or cores
- 2 GHz CPU speed or better
- 4 GB of RAM
- 2 Gbps Ethernet card & switch
- Adequate soft file descriptors (typically 8192)
Supported SCL Platforms by Operating System & Platform Keyword
- Other platforms are also supported, but are recommended only for small quantities of licenses. For details on Synopsys recommendations, see the SCL Combined Vendor Daemon Migration Checklist.
For a list of Operating Systems supported under SCL 11.x, see the table below.
SCL 11.5 or later is required to serve cvd-format licenses for tools based on the ACAD, magma, riod, or TAVEREN daemons.
SCL 11.4 or later is required to serve cvd-format licenses for tools based on the nsysnvs or extremed daemons.
SCL 11.3 or later is required to serve cvd-format licenses for tools based on the arcd or mwflexd daemons.
SCL 11.2 or later is required to serve cvd-format licenses for tools based on the Coware, Synfora, or VaST daemons (cowared, synforad, vastlmd).
SCL 11.1 or later is required to serve cvd-format licenses for tools based on the Synplicity synplctyd daemon.
The following limitations apply:
- For ARChitect and MetaWare tools, use only 32-bit versions of SCL for Solaris and Linux platforms.
- For CoWare, Synfora, and VaST tools, use only 32-bit versions of SCL for Solaris and Linux platforms.
- For Synplicity tools, if you are using a Solaris SPARC platform, use only the 32-bit "sparcOS5" binary.
|Synopsys Common Licensing Supported Platforms by OS & Keyword |
|Platform||Operating System||Platform Keyword|
(use for downloading & installation)
|AMD or Intel x86_64||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7|
Compatible: RHEL 6.1, 6.2 Note: Please migrate off of RHEL 4.x which will not be supported in a future SCL release.
|AMD or Intel x86_64||Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise 9 SP3|
Compatible: SLES 10 SP2, SLES 11
|AMD or Intel x86_64 ||Oracle (Sun) Solaris 10 |
Note: Please migrate off of Solaris x86 and x86_64. Support for Solaris x86 platforms will be discontinued in a future release of SCL.
|HP PA-RISC 2.x||HP-UX is not supported starting with SCL 11.0 ||hp32 (32-bit)|
|IBM RS/6000||AIX 5.3 oslevel 5300-05|
Compatible: AIX 6.1
|IA-32 (x86) Linux||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7|
Compatible: RHEL 6.1, 6.2
Note: Please migrate off of 32-bit x86 servers to 64-bit x86_64.
|IA-32(x86) Windows||MMicrosoft Windows XP SP2, SP3|
Compatible: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008R2
|Oracle (Sun) SPARC||Solaris 10 ||sparcOS5|
For a list of vendor daemons incorporated into SCL, click here.