Auto makers are planning the next-generation passenger experience to embrace the content explosion brought by smartphones and cloud connectivity. From embedded functions such as on-board navigation and satellite radio, to gesture recognition and Internet applications, infotainment growth is driving the need for flexible and adaptable solutions. Infotainment SoCs supporting real-time multimedia networks and incorporating the latest interface IP standards and protocols in emerging automotive operating systems require a broad, high-quality IP portfolio for automotive applications. Synopsys offers Ethernet AVB, LPDDR4, HDMI, MIPI, PCI Express®, mobile storage, security, data converters, logic libraries, embedded memories, Sensor and Control IP Subsystem, and ARC® and EV Family of vision processors to speed SoC development in the latest 28nm and 16/14nm FinFET process technologies.
- Low latency, multi-port LPDDR4 controller and PHY supporting speeds up to 3200 Mbps offers multi-port access to shared main memory, enabling protocol engines for embedded vision and high-performance heterogeneous processing.
- Ethernet AVB Controller offers independent traffic classes and bounded latency for precisely synchronized real-time camera and sensor data.
- MIPI D-PHY and Host Controllers for MIPI CSI-2 and DSI enables multiple interoperable camera and display scenarios to support widest range of SoC applications.
- HDMI and MHL Tx/Rx PHY and controller solutions offer ability to locate ADAS SoC remotely from video system as well as supporting MHL-based smartphone connectivity.
- HPC Design Kit with embedded memories optimized for SoC processors: CPU, GPU and DSP are designed for demanding electro migration conditions.
- STAR Memory System offers EEC support for multi-bit error correction.
- Security IP for HDCP 2.2 and DTCP-IP offer increased content protection.
- Sensor & Control IP Subsystem optimized to process data from digital and analog sensors and offload host processors to enable more power-efficient processing of the sensor data is implemented using Synopsys’ 32-bit ARC EM processor with ASIL-D ISO 26262 Functional Safety Package.
- EV Family of vision processors offers multicore architecture for object detection implementing convolutional neural network (CNN) with OpenCV and OpenVX software programming environments.
- 32-bit ARC processor and ARC EM with Safety Enhancement Package (SEP) supports ISO 26262 Functional Safety applications with integrated hardware safety features.
- PCI Express 3.0 controller and PHY with embedded DMA supports endpoint, root port or dual mode operation with option to choose native or AMBA interfaces to support key automotive processors.
- SATA 6G Host and Device controller and PHY support both SATA and eSATA including AHCI programming model support multiple ports.
- 12-bit SAR ADC offers high resolution up to 12-bit, 320MSPS ADC/DAC converters with high dynamic range and high speed for extended application range.