Internet of Things (IoT) applications mandate SoC designers to minimize power consumption of their circuits in order to stay competitive. At the heart of the IoT edge device is the sensor and its data acquisition analog interface.
Sensor data acquisition systems can reduce power consumption and increase performance by integrating proven IP.
The Synopsys DesignWare® Analog IP team, on the forefront of these technology advances, has developed a wide range of data converter IP created specifically for IoT, sensor and embedded applications. The IP integrates with digital processing blocks to reduce power consumption for sensor-based applications, including temperature, pressure, touch, accelerometer, flow, and electrical metering systems.
DesignWare Data Converter IP offers the performance, power, and functionality needed for IoT applications to help build more efficient systems.
Choose DesignWare IP, the highest performing analog IP offering ultra low-power dissipation in a small area. This comprehensive IP portfolio of analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters (DACs) is available in process technologies from 180-nm to 28-nm for your sensor applications:
- 12-bit, 5MSPS, 1.8V SAR ADC with 8:1 Input Mux in TSMC28HPC
- 12-bit, 5MSPS, 3.3V SAR ADC with 19:1 Input Mux in TSMC 90LP
- 12-bit, 5MSPS, 3.3V SAR ADC with 19:1 input mux in TSMC180G
- 16-bit, 3.3V Sigma-Delta ADC with 9:1 Input Mux in TSMC180G
- 10-bit, 2MSPS, 2.5V SAR ADC with 8:1 Input Mux in SMIC40LL
- 11-bit, 20MSPS, 2.5V General Purpose DAC with Voltage Buffer in TSMC40LP