First stage of the 8th Annual International Microelectronics Olympiad of Armenia will be held in April 2013. Second stage will take place in October 2013, in Yerevan.
Who can participate?
Engineers and students under the age of 30.
How is the Olympiad conducted?
The Olympiad is conducted in two stages
- The first stage is held in all participant countries simultaneously. It involves a baseline test by which all contestants will compete.
- The final stage is held in Armenia among the top contestants of all participant countries. It involves a challenging contest and complex engineering tasks requiring advanced solutions.
- First Prize
- Second Prize
- Third Prize (two)
- Best Engineering Solution
- Most Creative Solution
- Best Out-of-box Solution
- Best Female Participant
- Youngest Participant
- Best Result from each country
How to apply?
To participate, please submit applications no later than April 15, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to:
- Synopsys Armenia CJSC (Yerevan, 39/7 Arshakunyats Avenue, Synopsys Armenia Educational Department, tel. 492333, 492386, E-mail. email@example.com), - for participants from Armenia
- Local contacts - for participants from other countries
Application form in Armenian
Application form in English
What are the Olympiad topics?
- Digital IC Design and Testing
- Analog and Mixed Signal IC Design and Testing
- Semiconductor Devices and Technology
- Mathematical and Algorithmical Issues of EDA
What are the Olympiad goals?
- Stimulate further development of microelectronics in Armenia and in the participant countries
- Recognize and inspire young, talented engineers
- Increase interest in microelectronics among young specialists
- Understand the level of knowledge in the field of microelectronics among young specialists in participating countries in order to make necessary adjustments to educational programs
- Create a community of young specialists involved in microelectronics
The Olympiad has tripled its number of participants over the last 5 years:
- 2006 - 82 participants from Yerevan, Armenia
- 2007 - 118 participants from Yerevan, Armenia
- 2008 - The Olympiad expands to include Gyumri, the 2nd biggest city in Armenia
- 2009 - The Olympiad becomes an international contest including participants from Russia and Ukraine with a total of 180 participants
- 2010 - The Olympiad expands to include Bulgaria, Serbia and Jordan, increasing the number to 250
- 2011 - The Olympiad had about 350 participants from 12 countries: Armenia, Belarus, China, Germany, India, Jordan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, UAE, Ukraine and USA
- 2012 – The Olympiad had 418 competitors, 227 of which were from international universities and organizations from 14 countries: Armenia, Belarus, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Jordan, Malaysia, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, UAE, Ukraine and the USA
Awarding ceremony and the reception to honor the winners will take place after the second stage.
Announcement poster in English
Announcement poster in Armenian
General Organizer - Synopsys Armenia CJSC
General Sponsor - VivaCell-MTS
Sponsors - Viasphere Technopark CJSC, Microsoft Armenia, Unicomp CJSC, Enterprise Incubator Foundation, INGO ARMENIA ICJSC, Arminco CJSC, Union of Information Technology Enterprises, Union of Manufacturers and Businessmen of Armenia, PARTNER Co.Ltd.